Social Worker (BB-74C80)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Your new company
Hays Recruitment has partnered with a leading Healthcare organisation in Ottawa ON. They are looking to hire a permanent Social Worker to their team immediately. Working 75 hours per week – Mon to Fri between 8am to 6pm with some flexibility on hours.
Your new role
Reporting to the Administrator, the Social Worker works in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team to advocate and provide support and services to residents, families and staff.
• Participates in resident admission process including tours, admission, transfers, discharge, and occupancy tracking. Working closely with Community Care Access Centre on daily basis
• Acts as liaison with families and advocate for residents to ensure they are allowed and encouraged to exercise their rights
• Participates in the interdisciplinary team process of resident assessment, care planning and evaluation to ensure services are planned according to individual needs.
• Consult and ask for support from Psychogeriatric outreach team when needed in addressing behavioural concerns with residents
• Participates on committees related to resident care and operation of the facility as required.
• Liaises and consults with community partners, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
• Provide therapeutic services through individual counselling in variety of areas re: adjustment related to new environment, change in health condition, coping with feelings of anger, sadness, guilt, loss/grief
• Addressing resident and family complaints and speaking to appropriate managers if complaint is out of scope
• Work closely with Office Manager regarding resident finances , POA issues, request for capacity assessments
• Discharge planning if resident interested in moving to another facility, home,
• Promoting a positive atmosphere and attitude and playing a leadership role
• Other duties as assigned by the Administrator
What you'll need to succeed
3 year Social Work degree (BSW), Mandatory
Registration with Canadian Association of Social Workers and/or Ontario College of Social Workers is mandatory.
Previous experience in a long-term care setting preferred.
Excellent communicator well organized team player with solid clinical skills in assessments and care planning, supportive therapy, crisis intervention and grief counselling, preferred.
Experience in working with geriatric populations with specialization in Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, depression, responsive behaviours and other psychogeriatric issues, preferred.
Knowledge of applicable Ministry of Health and Long Term Care legislation and standards, preferred.
Knowledge of occupational health and safety practices, principles and legislation, preferred.
Computer literate with understanding of RAI-MDS and PointClickCare software system, preferred
What you'll get in return
This role offering $68,000 - $70,000 annual salary
calendar_today10 hours ago