Program Director - Social Services (BB-761CC)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
In Your Role You Will
Have the following attributes
• Empathetic, respectful, collaborative style, teambuilder.
• Leads by example- Inspires confidence in others and calls forth their gifts.
• Comfortable with technology and tools.
• Skilled in Human Resource practices and procedures.
• Manage stress, workload and times of crisis.
• Strong and authentic communicator in any forum.
Have exceptional people engagement and leadership skills, and are able to prioritize relationships and support the professional growth and wellbeing of staff and volunteers, while advancing the aims of the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience and familiarity with community and social services, ideally those providing mental health, addiction recovery support, and trauma-informed care.
You are a champion of the importance of people, teams, diversity, and culture. You have several years of progressive social-services experience at the director or executive level, ideally with programs and services supporting children (child protection, adoption, foster care), youth, and families.
You are an experienced leader who encourages your team and others to work toward the common goal of family-led decision making and child centred service.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree in social work, education, community development or other relevant discipline. Master degree is preferred
• 5 years of management experience
• Experience with cultural diversity and inclusion.
• Excellent oral, electronic and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and
• Ability to directly address tensions and model effective resolution practice.
• Demonstrate strong emotional intelligence and relationship management;
• Authentic ability to engage with Indigenous people, communities and community organizations;
• Ability to oversee and operationalize work plans from strategic objectives;
• Demonstrated capacity to undertake program evaluation and implement continuous improvement practices;
• Ability to understand, develop and implement financial reports;
• Ability to provide managerial/supervisory direction and in turn the ability to accept constructive supervision and direction;
• Self-motivated, with a proactive approach to all duties; and
• Ability to work well independently with limited supervision.
• Knowledge of Government Funding and negotiations.
• Strong relationship building skills and experience working collaboratively and effectively with other agencies, community stakeholders and organizations, municipal and provincial government agencies,
• Experience with all aspects of Human Resource management, including the recruitment, orientation, teambuilding, and recognition of staff and volunteers.
• Proficient with standard office software and technology (e.g., Word, Excel, and social media platforms).
calendar_today2 days ago
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onHigh Level, Canada
work WJS Canada