Bilingual Registered Counsellor (BB-4A0FA)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Who we are
CBI Health has been a key innovator in Canadian healthcare through improving community access and better outcomes driven by integrated models of care. As the largest provider of community healthcare services in Canada, with 250+ locations across the country, we are dedicated to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians every day.
We take a team oriented approach and show up for the people who need our help - as people helping people. Outcomes and impacts on lives motivate us. We care, aim higher, make it happen, and do great work together.
Who we need
Our clinic in New Brunswick is adding a Bilingual Registered Counsellor to their interdisciplinary team. We are flexible to your location as this is a community-based role. This is a new role in the region, and one you will have the opportunity to build out and define. As a core member of the clinical team, you will focus on applying your academic and practical experience to work with clients experiencing trauma and facing psychosocial factors in their rehabilitation and recovery. You will provide remote counselling services to support their functional improvement, disability management and return-to-work planning, as well as address complex occupational rehabilitation concerns in partnership with the team. Whether you are a newly registered graduate or you have a few years experience, this is an exciting opportunity to grow your career and your skills.
What's in it for you.
- Time to focus on what matters. We have an administration team, contracts with third-party providers, and processes in place to make your work easier and enable you to focus on your clients. You will have exposure to a greater range of clients experiencing psychological barriers to recovery as a result of a motor vehicle accident, workplace injury, chronic health conditions, or other.
- Flexibility. You will have the benefits, stability, and vacation of a salaried employee with the freedom to schedule your clients in a way that best suits your life.
- Collaboration. You will work in partnership with an interdisciplinary team to review cases and connect with peers in other regions to discuss best practices. As big as we are, we feel like a family-run place.
- Career growth. We have laid a foundation for growth and success, and you will have access to mentorship, formal education, and exciting, varied work. Your next steps can include Program Lead, Manager of Clinical Services, Educator, and beyond.
How you will make a difference as our new Counsellor:
- Counsel. You will play a critical role in the delivery of excellent client outcomes along a path of recovery and rehabilitation. You will treat clients experiencing behavioural, emotional and cognitive issues and setbacks related to injury or trauma from a range of medical conditions, accidents, or workplace injuries.
- Communicate. You will foster trusting and reliable relationships with both the team and clients, maintaining open and transparent lines of communication. You will participate in team meetings and case reviews. You will perform regular, timely charting and submit reporting to funders.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You may have a Masters degree and you are a licensed and active member in good standing with your governing board. You have:
- Practical and clinical experience in the treatment of a wide-range of mental health symptoms including trauma, grief/loss, depression, anxiety and addictions
- Possess experience working with traumatic brain injuries/concussions, and clients making the transition back to work.
- Training and experience in the provision of exposure therapy or cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Thorough working knowledge of local public and private health care services, as well as community agencies and resources are considered an asset.
- An understanding of the funding system and expectations and the ability to integrate this into a client centered treatment plan is beneficial.
- The communication skills. You have exceptional verbal and written abilities and can effectively work in a telehealth/virtual care delivery mode. You are fluent in both English and French.
- The case management abilities. You can work both autonomously as well as part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team. You can manage timely creation and submission of accurate clinical documentation, and demonstrated caseload management and leadership.
- The passion. You are dedicated to treating a range of clients following best current practices as part of a true interdisciplinary team. You are a continuous learner, seeking out the latest treatment and clinical skills to grow as a practitioner and increase the ways you can serve your clients.
- The relationship-building skills. You are empathetic, patient, motivating, and you excel at fostering a trusting relationship with your clients. You have outstanding interpersonal abilities and can work with peers, management, funders, and clients.
Why join us?
We are focused on a united purpose: to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians, starting with our people.
With the insight that better educated clients experience better outcomes, CBI Health began as a series of education seminars. Education is at the core of our DNA and is the key to great outcomes for both our clients and our team. Today, we equip our employees with the tools, resources, and support needed to achieve their career goals. Our talent development approach is about partnership: your passion to grow and learn, and our environment and tools that help you maximize your potential.
There are hundreds of thousands of meaningful moments where our team members actively improve and enrich the lives of Canadians.
We really care. "The combined therapies we offer our clients is life saving. One of our clients was experiencing bouts of intense anxiety and depression, imparting feelings of defeat when managing her osteoarthritis. We introduced practical relaxation techniques, in addition to her mobility exercises. This was crucial in helping her manage not only her osteoarthritis but also how she mentally copes with life challenges in general."
We make it happen. "One of our clients had been off work for two years. She couldn't see a future where she was able to return to work. Through a customized physiotherapy and occupational therapy plan, we empowered her return to work in under eight months."
We aim higher. "The COVID pandemic and resulting isolation amplified the challenges faced by children on the ASD spectrum as they struggled to maintain a routine. Not only were we able to create and run virtual sessions for the children, but we also met with all the parents for one-on-one support, providing them with activities to help build structure and stability for their children."
We do great work together. "It's coming together with like minded people but all from different areas. Our interdisciplinary team provides varying perspectives on how to look at health and approach healthcare for the whole person."
Everyone here goes above and beyond, sharing a deep understanding of how their roles and activities define and shape our culture, our future, and their own.
If you want to find out how great you can be, come work with us.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our organization makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, explore our Connected Care stories.
The CBI Health team is excited to speak to you about this opportunity. If you are interested in joining our growing, interdisciplinary team of Rehab professionals, please apply here. Alternatively, you can email your interest and resume to email@example.com.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today2 days ago
work CBI Health Group