Health & Safety Evaluator (BB-FA3AE)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
OSG is looking for a skilled Health and Safety Evaluator based in the Greater Kitchener-Waterloo area to join our Training team.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Training and partnering with our Trainers, the Evaluator is responsible to certify operators on various pieces of mobile/lifting equipment such as Forklifts, Overhead and Boom Cranes, Aerial Work Platforms, Lift Trucks, Bucket Trucks and Telehandlers. Using their education, experience and impeccable understanding of the Ontario OHSA, CSA and other applicable Health & Safety regulations, our Evaluator will determine appropriate competency and ability to control and safely operate mobile equipment based on legislative requirements and company policy.
This position will be required to travel and based on client needs the ability to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, early mornings and overnight shifts on occasion.
A valid Ontario driver’s license and unrestricted ability to operate a vehicle is required.
What will you do in this role?
- Facilitate the practical / technical portion and evaluation of mobile/lifting equipment training
- Determine competency based on visual and operational checks guided by standards, procedures and legislation
- Evaluate and certify operator competency on various mobile/lifting equipment devices by providing a pass/fail result according to company policies and legislative requirements
- Provide clear and concise verbal instructions and constructive feedback in a professional manner in line with OSG standards
- Complete and submit all documentation related to evaluation delivery in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot environmental hazards in a variety of environments that may possibly impact the operation of mobile/lifting equipment
- Communicate challenges or client concerns to appropriate Sales Account Manager and Program Manager, Training as required
What can you bring to the table?
- Post-Secondary in Health & Safety or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a health & safety role, preferably working with and around mobile/lifting equipment
- Proven current certifications to operate various pieces of mobile equipment (forklift, cranes, AWP, telehandler, etc.)
- Expert understanding and knowledge of current legislation including but not limited to Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Canadian Standards Association and other applicable Health and Safety regulations
- Ability to travel to client sites, sometimes outside specified region as well as unrestricted ability to work outside the standard 9-5pm workday including early mornings, evenings and on occasion overnights and weekends
- Demonstrated tech savviness, and the ability to work with or learn to use different technologies such as MS Office Suite, Google Suite, iPhones, iPads and Salesforce
- Valid Ontario drivers license
What’s in it for you:
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, vision, and dental
- Competitive compensation
- Physical and mental rest, enjoy personal wellness days
- Vehicle for both personal and professional use
Who are we?
We're OSG - a team dedicated to changing the way people view workplace wellbeing. We partner with businesses across Canada, enhancing the performance and wellness of their workplaces. Our training, consulting, and software partnered with various health and safety products equip our clients with the tools needed to keep their organizations productive, healthy, and inclusive. We’re firm believers in practicing what we preach - at OSG you can expect an inclusive workplace that champions professional growth.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today1 day ago