Electrical Controls Engineer (BB-701EF)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Saltworks (www.saltworkstech.com) is an innovation driven cleantech company located in Richmond, BC. We invent, design, and build advanced lithium recovery and desalination water treatment plants. Our customers are leading the way in sustainability with our technologies at the forefront. We build commercial plants for excellent global customers while also researching and developing next generation technologies.
We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Controls Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team. We offer meaningful and exciting work in a collaborative environment, driven by innovation and problem solving. You are diligent with quality, focused, analytical and excel in a team-based environment. We strongly value a positive attitude, hard work, smarts, and commitment to see things through. Our company is growing with high demand for our solutions, presenting opportunities to advance.
Your main tasks will include:
- Manage and deliver PLC/HMI programming scope for advanced desalination and valued resource recovery process plants.
- Work with Process-Control engineers and other team members to ensure control narrative accuracy. Contribute to developing control philosophies, shutdown keys and generate control logic diagrams.
- Write efficient and readable PLC code and HMI applications for automation of sequences for complex processes. Commission and troubleshoot such systems.
- Design and implement control system networks, including network architecture design with industrial protocols like Modbus, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP and OPC.
- Review DC electrical panel designs to ensure they will meet the control system needs. The capability to generate DC panel designs would be considered an asset.
- Specifying and procuring electrical components, VFDs, PLC/HMI automation hardware and associated licenses.
- Occasional travel to plant installations in customer facing environments for start-up and commissioning.
- Bonus: knowledge of specifying instruments, sensors, and control valves for industrial water treatment applications.
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Degree in Electrical, Computer or Mechatronics Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Solid electrical and controls engineering foundation paired with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of the Canadian or US Electrical Code and application
- Minimum 3 + years of work experience in low voltage electrical design, PLC/HMI programming, and commissioning and deployment of industrial electrical and control systems.
- Experience in commissioning and testing electrical systems, debugging control systems with lessons learned that result in successful future implementations.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical for drafting, reviewing, and updating electrical schematics.
- Experience coding in ladder and STL languages and programming control systems including PLCs and HMIs with Siemens STEP 7, Siemens WinCC, and Allen Bradley Studio 5000
- Impeccable attention to detail and a sense of urgency in completing projects on time.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality of work and quickly learn new skills.
- Ability to work well in a team-focused project management environment, meeting deadlines with a quality work product.
- Positive attitude, can-do approach, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required.
Why join Saltworks:
We have an outstanding team of engineers, scientists, and technologists who are passionate about innovation and solving key environmental challenges facing our Planet. We offer:
- Exciting and rewarding work environment
- A culture that supports safety, innovation, learning and teamwork
- Rapidly growing company solving important problems
- Diverse best-in-class technical team with opportunities for advancement technically and/or professionally
- Competitive compensation package including benefits
- Culture that supports safety, innovation, learning and teamwork
- An excellent facility with all offices, R&D, and production under one roof. Only a staircase separates you from the factory floor and technologies you design.
- Unparalleled on-the-job learning and exciting projects
- Fun, social activities and other team events
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a part of a globally recognized team, please fill out the application on the right or apply on our careers page.
Please submit your resume. Cover letters are not required. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.
*kindly no recruiters
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today1 day ago
work Saltworks Technologies