Software Engineer - Back End (BB-60694)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
The Pixieset team is currently working remotely due to provincial guidelines surrounding COVID-19. We will continue to evaluate the possibility of going back to in-office work in the coming months. Given the uncertainty around the situation, applicants should be prepared to work remotely for an extended period of time.
At Pixieset, our vision is to become the household name for photographers. We are a growing team that is passionate about crafting beautiful, simple, end-to-end software solutions that meet the needs of modern photographers - one in which the entirety of their working life is empowered and streamlined by Pixieset.
Pixieset is ranked #8 in the most recent 2019 Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. In 2017, Pixieset was listed #18 on the STARTUP 50 ranking of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies.
We're looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to assist with the development and growth of the Pixieset platform. You will be working behind-the-scenes with other talented engineers to plan, implement, deploy, and maintain our backend systems powering over 500,000 photographers. You’ll play a pivotal role in designing and building the next generation architecture to support all Pixieset applications. You will be involved in improving critical services like image processing, file storage service, SSL/TLS certificate service and many more.
On any given day, you might be doing:
- Design and implement highly scalable services
- Help improve and maintain the Pixieset systems infrastructure
- Collaborating with other engineers across the entire stack
- Deliver everything from tiny optimizations, to broad structural changes spanning multiple codebases
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements
- Research and integrate new technologies to drive our development process forward
There are some perks working at Pixieset as well! Full-time engineers enjoy the following:
- Competitive salary
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Company laptop and any tools to help you be at your best
- Professional development opportunities
- Beer Hour Fridays (Virtual/In-Office)
- Fun team building activities and events
We are looking for Intermediate software engineers who can pick up any technology quickly and is comfortable jumping into platforms and various code bases. Ideally you have:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building high-volume, highly available, scalable backend services and web applications
- PHP experience - Yii, Laravel and/or Symfony
- Experience with MySQL (or other RDBMS) and Redis
- Solid understanding of web technologies including HTTP, RESTful services, and cloud platforms such as AWS
- Familiar with data structure and algorithms
If some of this is new to you, it's okay - we are looking for quick learners! The ideal candidate is also highly self-motivated, has strong sense of product design and loves working with technology. If this sounds like the right fit and you are excited about working in a small and growing team, get in touch with us!
Pixieset is located in Vancouver, BC. Candidates located within the province of BC are preferred. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We would like to thank you in advance for applying! Because we receive an overwhelming number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
calendar_today21 hours ago