Business Unit Controller (BB-A5E31)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
The Business Unit Controller has financial oversight of $80M of revenue across 4 manufacturing facilities located in both Canada and US. The controller is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all accounting functions of the company. This includes assisting with the preparation of the company's financial plans and policies, accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, managing US and Canadian tax compliance matters, and the preparation of all financial reports. This position involves supervision over general accounting, fixed asset accounting, cost accounting, budgetary controls, and financial reporting.
- Leads the Hadrian Business Unit’s strategic planning and budgeting process. This includes preparing and managing the data collection process, building the financial statements and presenting information formally.
- Partners with the Hadrian Leadership Team to develop and execute strategic deployment initiatives and provides leadership in the Unit’s overall business management.
- Monthly financial forecasting and actual performance management and reporting. This includes timely and accurate reporting against budget and forecast P&L and working capital variances in addition to driving efforts to understand root causes of variances and establish recovery actions when necessary.
- Drives accountability by establishing and reporting on daily KPI metrics to the appropriate business unit leaders and drive continuous improvement across the organization.
- Manages accuracy of cost accounting environment. Leads periodic update of standard costs.
- Leads completeness and accuracy of annual physical inventory count data processing across multiple sites. Implements, maintains and owns internal operating procedures and controls that contribute to the optimal utilization of company resources while safeguarding its assets.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Controllership function to ensure compliance to US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, Corporate policies and procedures and local statutory requirements.
- Responsible for leading the Controllership function on all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, and the accurate and timely reporting of financial information to Unit Staff, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Tax and Property Accounting, and internal/external auditors.
- Responsible for the management and development of the Hadrian financial team.
- Manages external audits and assists with preparation for any audits or independent reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization's books of account.
- Oversees regulatory reporting, including US and Canadian tax compliance at both the federal and provincial/state levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field required.
- Recognized financial accreditation - CPA
- 10 years financial management experience in a manufacturing company of similar size
- 5 years of finance leadership
- Well versed in North American finance regulations
- Hands on experience ERP software, specifically JD Edwards would be an asset.
- Strong presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Ability to guide, coach and motivate others in support of organizational vision.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
calendar_today1 day ago