Patient Care Aide - BC Cancer Abbotsford (BB-8A864)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Patient Care Aide
BC Cancer Abbotsford, $25.33 per hour
What you’ll do
- Direct, transport and escort patients within the area and also to and from areas within the centre or other departments.
- Clean and stock examining rooms and other designated areas with necessary supplies.
- Clean, sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment as directed.
- Perform general service duties including picking up and delivering items such as files, reports, messages, requisitions, specimens or supplies, answering telephones, and photocopying documents.
- Assist patients with changing into and out of gowns as necessary.
What you bring
- Grade 10, plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Registered with BC Care Aide Community Health Worker Registry.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $25.33 per hour
32900 Marshall Road
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Various Days; Various Hours
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
calendar_today20 hours ago