Senior Broker (BB-61717)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
To be an engaged and supportive member of the National P&C broking practice. Provide knowledge, leadership, insight and direction for P&C broking activities to ensure that clients’ expectations are exceeded, and that WTW operational and financial objectives are met. This role incorporates a wide level of expertise, but always assumes the broker is capable of handling P&C placements independently. Mentoring and supervising associate brokers as required. Accessing and understanding the global insurance marketplace is essential.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
• Reporting directly to the Canadian CRB P&C Broking Leader.
• Work collaboratively with the Toronto Market Leaders, Canadian Broking Team, North American Broking Team and WTW global brokering teams.
• Develop and mentor associate brokers in Toronto (as needed).
• Ability to handle P&C placements that vary in size and complexity.
• Act as a lead P&C broker on key accounts.
• Form part of client teams and advocate on client’s behalf.
• Develop new partner markets where needed locally and support international relationships with carriers and clients.
• Travel as reasonably necessary for underwriting meetings.
• Ensure that relevant regulatory and technical standards are met.
• Orchestrate new business placement, renewals and alterations of existing coverage.
• Develop, review and deliver presentations to secure new, and build on existing, relationships.
• Review and evaluate information to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks in the market.
• Research and evaluate all solutions (insurance and otherwise) in order to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
• Provide coverage and program design advice and expertise to clients; make recommendations regarding program improvements and structure.
• Build strong partnerships with a broad range of insurers and underwriters in the market in order to secure optimum terms and conditions for clients.
• Participate in the drafting of manuscript P&C wordings.
• Work closely with global P&C teams to stay on top of changes in the marketplace.
• Oversee preparation of draft proposals and finalization of carrier quotes and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
• Bind carrier quotes and review binders and coverage confirmations.
• Request / Attend and participate in regular client meetings.
• Provide training sessions to WTW staff as necessary.
• 20+ years industry experience
• RIBO license required
• Demonstrates knowledge of core insurance principles & provide explanation to clients- with emphasis on P&C policies, including but not limited to All Risks Property, Machinery Breakdown, Commercial General Liability, Umbrella Liability, Automobile, Builders Risk, Wrap Up Liability, Professional Liability, to name a few
• Ability to conduct research
• Deep understanding of required placement workflows
• Demonstrate core competency of Willis Towers Watson Values & Vision
• Self-starter/requires minimal supervision
• Will seek guidance when needed
• Solid presentation skills – written and oral
• Good listener
• Team player
• Strong leadership skills
• Mentoring/coaching skills
• Enhancing client service skills
• Ability to deal with difficult client situations
• Demonstrates knowledge of Insurance structures
• Ability to provide expert, in-depth advice to client resulting in overall client satisfaction
Willis Towers Watson is committed to finding opportunities to foster flexibility in the workplace, whenever business and client demands allow. We are delighted that this opportunity meets the criteria for flexible working. For specific details, please discuss with your Recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer
calendar_today21 hours ago
work Willis Towers Watson