Enterprise Data Governance Analyst (BB-28ED3)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
• Develop standards, policies and procedures to support the creation and provide input into ongoing technical implementation of the data governance framework
• Supports and co-ordinates data governance committees and their activities
• Ensures that data governance roadmap is integrated into overall enterprise development planning
• Lead and develop teams across RRU to ensure data governance policies and practices are embedded throughout the university
• Establish best practices and ownership of the corporate taxonomy and ontology, and develop standards for use
• Ensure the data governance strategy and framework is aligned to the enterprise information strategy
• Work with project teams and management to ensure that data standards and policies are fully integrated into requirements and solutions
• Support and assess information stewardship activities and management of data quality, retention and uses
• Working within agile teams, including: o Collaborating with the Product Owner team to create, understand and refine backlog items and acceptance criteria.
o Participating in Sprint Planning and setting the sprint plan goals.
o Delivering a potentially releasable Increment of “Done” product at the end of each Sprint.
o Contributing to continuous improvement of the team's process
• A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Business, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a similar discipline
• Minimum of five years of experience related to a data governance, data analyst or business intelligence role.
• Able to work independently and multitask under short deadlines based on general directions
• A good understanding of information management practices including information lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business reviews and requirements gathering.
• An understanding of relevant statutory frameworks applying to provincial and federal privacy and security requirements
• Specialist knowledge of data governance principles and practices
• Self-motivated, curious, and proactive, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to improve how things work. Excellent organizational, quantitative, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
• Data visualization & analysis experience using analytical tools like Tableau and/or Power BI
• Demonstrated ability to interact, build strong relationships and work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at various levels within the organization using collaborative leadership and coaching skills.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to communicate technical concepts and information to non-technical staff in a manner that can be easily understood.
• Able to manage change and conflict. Anticipates and plans for change. Helps people deal with change and resolve conflict through mentoring, encouragement, and effective conflict resolution techniques.
Nice-to-Haves:• Knowledge of statistical analysis using software such as SPSS, R, or Excel an asset
• Knowledge of BC post-secondary education system is an asset
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, Matchbox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
calendar_today4 days ago