Project Coordinator (BB-7A9F1)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
On behalf of our client Procom is looking for a Program Coordinator, based in Downtown Calgary or Vancouver, this role will start remotely until Covid restrictions are removed.
Project Coordinator Job Details
The Project Coordinator is primarily responsible for successfully managing and delivering a range of small-to-medium Information Technology projects/initiatives from inception to completion, and/or supporting execution of larger programs. For this scope, the Project Coordinator is expected to take direction from the Program Manager on assigned programs, as well as the Project Management Office (“PMO”).
- Monitoring compliance with the Project/Application Lifecycle guidelines as defined in the Teck policies and frameworks.
- Solve problems: Identifying, resolving and escalating any issues and risks as and when required;
- Supporting the management of projects from initiation to closure with a committed goal of delivering on time, on budget, scope complete with a high level of quality and business satisfaction;
- Working with RBS program manager to request and obtain required resources to meet deliverables;
- Overseeing and supporting the team members working on the project; this includes providing staff performance feedback to RBS program manager;
- Facilitating and organizing Sprint Planning sessions with development teams, making sure team members have a clear understanding of Acceptance Criteria;
- Overseeing the development and execution of required Test Plans to ensure high quality deliverables; this includes coordinating large-scale User Acceptance Testing with business users across the Enterprise in gaining acceptance sign-off;
- Coordinating the preparation of Change Management plans in collaboration with TDS program manager and other stakeholders and supporting the execution of said plan.
- Providing transparency into project health through published schedules, regular status reporting, and current budget and forecasts;
Actively monitoring all funds spent in relation to the project, this includes maintaining a detailed current view of budget, actuals and forecast numbers;
- Documenting any scope changes impacting schedule, budget or quality;
- Monitoring program/project team timesheet reporting to ensure proper project accounting;
- Facilitating the remediation of resources scheduling conflicts between TDS resource managers, project stakeholders and the members of the project team;
- Facilitating Agile project delivery, using Scrums, Sprints, etc.
Project Coordinator Must Have Skills
- Previous experience (minimum 5+ years) supporting large projects/programs (>$5m), with Project Cost Control, Project Onboarding, Project Document Management and coordination
- Must have advanced-level experience with SharePoint Online, Confluence, MSFT Teams, MSFT DevOps, M365 suite and Visio.
- Strong analytical skills proven in previous roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work remotely and independently
- Familiar with Project Management principles, PMI, Prince2, Agile, SAFe, DevOps, etc.
- Affinity for Information Technology and Data Management
- Capable to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment with sometime ambiguous goals
Project Coordinator Nice to Have Skills
- PMP certification (preferred)
- Agile (preferred)
- Experience in Mining or Natural Resources company similar industry is an asset
- Proficient Spanish, both written and spoken, is considered an asset but not required.
Project Coordinator Start Date
Project Coordinator Job Length
6 months with a view to extend up to 3 years
calendar_today2 days ago