Irrigation Specialist (BB-9D1D5)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
As a key member of the nursery grow team, the Irrigation Specialist will assist in the growing of tree seedlings used for reforestation. This role is suited for someone wanting to start a career as a grower and may provide several opportunities to do so within PRT. Training and education are available within PRT’s structure to help develop the right candidate towards their goals.
This position provides work from February to December each year. This would include other nursery work, such as spring preparation and fall harvest.
The main job functions as irrigation specialist, while working under the direction of the nursery growers, include but are not limited to:
· Mixing fertilizers and checking EC readings before and after irrigations
· Unplugging sprinkler nozzles and changing irrigation filters
· Taking daily block weights while scouting for pests and diseases
· Using computer systems to adjust watering cycles and climate settings
· Minor repairs to irrigation systems.
· Assist in herbicide and other pesticide applications
· Maintenance and other nursery work will be required from time to time.
· Accurate record keeping and data entry into spreadsheets
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
· Must be reliable and have transportation - no public transit is available
· Shift work and weekend work is required – regular hours are 40 per week with seasonal peak hours up to 60 hours per week
· Work is in greenhouses and outdoors with exposure to temperature extremes at times
· Successful applicants will be required to complete in house online training courses and obtain a pesticide applicator certificate, a BC driver’s license and a level 3 first aid certificate
· Relevant forest seedling nursery experience is useful, however, not essential
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
· Our PRT nurseries are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the “green” nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America.
· We provide a supportive team structured environment, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment
· Hourly wage is $20 per hour
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until the suitable candidate is found. To learn more about this great opportunity please contact us and/or submit your resume and letter of intent Attention Larry Daoust through the career page of our PRT Website; prt.com
We ask, during this pandemic, that you do not stop by our sites without an appointment.
calendar_today2 days ago