Senior Systems Engineer (BB-F010B)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
- Collaborate on system requirements and trade study activities with engineering and program staff during Proposal Capture development phase:
- To define or derive the subsystem level requirements from customer requirements.
- Participate in the naval military industry survey and selection of viable subsystems candidate solutions that will meet customer requirements. Perform assessments on requirement compliances, technical performance and technical risk of the candidate subsystem solutions.
- Collaborate with subcontract management activities during implementation phase in the capacity of a subsystem technical lead:
- Responsible for the technical performance of major Combat System Subsystem Suppliers in the warfare area.
- Engage with subcontractors to finalize the Statement of Work requirements and Subsystem Specification requirements.
- Participate in the Subcontract milestone activities such as Fact-findings, Kick-off Meeting, Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), First Article Acceptance and Factory Acceptance.
- Conduct review and acceptance of the document deliverables from the subcontractors.
- Coordinate the preparation of subsystem change request and the presentation to the Approval Board.
- Provide support for Requirements Analysis, System Modelling and Design, System Architecture, System Integration Planning, and Verification and Validation.
- Possess Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in software, hardware, systems, mechanical, electrical or electronics engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with:
- Sonar Systems
- Towed Array (TAS), Hull Mounted (HMS), Sonobuoy
- Driver Detection System
- Conductivity Temperature Depth (CTD), Expendable Bathythermograph (XBT)
- Underwater Countermeasures (UWCM)
- Torpedo and Launch Systems
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work.
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in team environment.
- A high degree of initiative and autonomy.
- Experience with Software, Systems, Hardware or Maintenance engineering lifecycles.
- Familiarity with DOORS, Cameo, Clearcase, Clearquest or Windchill.
- Familiarity with SysML or other object-oriented design methodology.
- NATO Secret Security Clearance is required.
calendar_today3 hours ago
work David Aplin Group