Third (3rd) Class Power Engineer - Maintenance and Operations (BB-38D4D)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia.We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Manager, Facility Services, or designate, the Shift Operator 3rd Class contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facilities by providing a full range of services relating to the day-to-day maintenance and project-related activities for the facilities respecting the heating, air conditioning, power and water generation units. The Shift Operator 3rd Class also operates and maintains ventilation and air conditioning systems, maintains logs and records relating to safety and efficiency of plant mechanical systems, and assists in maintenance of buildings and equipment.
The Shift Operator 3rd Class ensures all functions are completed in accordance with legislation, established standards, policies and procedures and exhibits sound professional judgment and initiative while working within the Mission, Vision and Strategic Directions and incorporates into daily practice the Core Competencies and Values of the organization.
• Grade 12 – high school diploma or equivalent.
• Certification as Third Class Power Engineer.
• Five (5) years’ experience in plant operations.
• Knowledge of applicable safety regulations, building codes and CSA standards.
• General computer proficiency.
• Ability to use a variety of hand, power and industrial tools for measuring, cutting, welding and assembling.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication (oral, written and listening), planning, organization and time management skills.
• Demonstrated accountability and leadership abilities.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, conflict resolution judgment and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
• Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health.
• Travel to other sites is required. Valid Nova Scotia driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
• Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
Casual relief positions.
$28.0810 - $28.5415 hourly
calendar_today2 days ago
work Nova Scotia Health Authority and IWK Health Centre