FPGA PLD Developer DO 254 (BB-DE0C8)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:FPGA / PLD Developer
1 year Contract
Paid Hourly $45-$55 per hour , Can work from home, but must be willing to go into the office when needed.
We are currently looking for an FPGA / PLD Developer to join our Engineering team. You will be part of the core team to define the requirements, implement and verify FPGA based designs using VHDL and/or other modelling languages. The job will include involvement in all stages of the design life-cycle following the guidelines of a DO-254 or equivalent process.
- Capture, Define and Refine product specifications into a set of device level requirements including functional architecture, allocation and justification or derived requirements
- Implementation of requirements into VHDL code including usage of existing IPs, standard protocols (e.g. Omnibus, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, AMBA, etc.)
- Simulation and Physical Integration and Test including trouble shooting, debugging and design modification
- Perform the integration of the design into the larger scale product and/or system
- Create and maintain life cycle data to support the design, implementation and verification of the item
- Support estimation and planning activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (or equivalent) with a focus on Digital Design
- 5+ years of FPGA / PLD development experience preferably in aerospace, defense or medical product environments using VHDL or similar languages
- Knowledge and experience with DO-254 or similar guidelines for ensuring a safe and rigorous design process
- Experience designing and implementing interfaces between digital devices and microcontrollers including communications and data busses, common protocols and error handling
- A background in embedded control systems, preferably in the aerospace and defense domain, including working knowledge of system interfaces and sensors such as RVDT/LVDT, BLDC motors, Servo Motors, temperature and pressure sensors and ARINC communications. The ability to model and simulate these aspects in a MatLab/Simulink type environment would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of the ModelSim toolset for development and verification of VHDL designs
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
calendar_today9 hours ago
work Steven Cardwell Recruitment / Engineering Search Firm Inc