Organon- EMEA Integrated Logistics, Site Services & Capital S&P (BB-361F6)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
The Organon Global Procurement & Supplier Management (GPSM) Organization partners with the business to develop and execute direct and indirect sourcing strategies, enabled by agile business processes and strong supplier performance management, to drive improved business outcomes.
We are currently recruiting for an Organon Associate Director, EMEA Integrated Logistics, Site Services and Capital Sourcing & Procurement, reporting to the Director, Global Integrated Logistics, Site Services and Capital Sourcing & Procurement. The role will be responsible and accountable for the categories of Integrated Logistics, Site Services and Capital within the EMEA region. Specifically, this will involve:
The annual spend under this role’s management is to be determined, given the nature of the Organon Spin. However, we anticipate this will be material. This role will also work with Organon’s Business Process Outsourcing Provider (BPO) to achieve its objectives. Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
1. Category Management – Direct responsibility and accountability for category and suppliers in the categories listed above for EMEA.
2. Sourcing Management – Use Sourcing Management as a structured process, creating and leading cross-functional teams or overseeing the BPO’s execution of sourcing initiatives.
3. Strategy Creation and Management – Work with cross-functional teams and/or with BPO to create breakthrough strategies which both deliver quick wins and genuine innovative breakthroughs.
4. Sourcing and Contracting – Personally lead sourcing initiatives including RFX, RFP, negotiations and contracting to put in place the right suppliers. Oversee the delivery of sourcing initiatives by the BPO.
5. Strategy Implementation – Personally and proactively manage all aspects of implementation, including entry and exit of suppliers and the ensuing complex change management issues. Oversee the execution of the BPO for strategy implementation, where applicable.
6. Supplier Development and Performance Management - Build relationships and manage key supplier performance against business requirements using proven processes to drive the realization of the full value of the key relationships.
7. Continuous Improvement – Ensure that supplier relationships are set up for future continuous improvement and to lead review processes which ensures delivery of on-going improvement. 8. Stakeholder Management and Business Sponsorship – Work in a way that positively engages the support of stakeholders using problem solving and proactive communication skills.
9. Business Requirements – Build a keen insight and understanding of business requirements on a 1-3-5-year horizon.
10. Results and Performance – The candidate will be a high-quality achiever who gets the right things done in the right way.
11. Market Knowledge, Insight and Subject Matter Expertise - Use thorough market knowledge and data analysis to gain critical insights that drive the selection of sourcing strategies and continuous improvement activities. Actively participate in relevant industry conferences and events. Provide guidance, counsel and leadership to the team and wider organization in matters related to the categories under management.
12. Project and Change Management - High quality project and program management skills and a proven ability to manage change both internal and external through to successful completion.
13. Proactive Cost Management: Achieve cost control, cost reduction, and cost containment targets, and add value to area of expenditure through a strong Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) orientation and process management.
14. Performance - Deliver ongoing savings as required, as well as meeting the stakeholder business requirements.
15. Diversity - Actively participate in achieving the organization's supplier diversity goals.
16. Talent Development - Actively contribute to the development of the peers in the region, helping them build their knowledge in the categories under management.
Education Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Required Experience and Skills:
Preferred Experience and Skills:
We are excited that we will be moving our Head Office to Moorgate, London from our current site in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire in early 2021. This move aligns to our strategy of being able to effectively connect with customers, partners and colleagues in addition to better enabling us to attract, build and retain key talent. Through a partnership with WeWork, we will be located in state of the art co-working facilities with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
calendar_today1 hour ago