Software Development Manager, Alexa Speech (BB-825C4)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Are you customer-obsessed and interested in Speech and Language Understanding? Do you find creating cutting-edge voice control in the automotive market exciting? If so, the Alexa team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead the team who seek to provide seamless experiences for customers with Alexa. Alexa is the Amazon service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices, Fire TV, tablets, third party Alexa providers, and soon, cars! We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features, which will impact millions of Alexa customers globally. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, build the core infrastructure, and spearheading the best practices that enable millions of customers to interact with Alexa on a daily basis.
You are excited about new Research and Development and have successfully delivered new features and products. You can communicate effectively both on complex technical issues and product and team vision. You are a committed people leader, supporting, advocating for and creating opportunities for development for your team. You foster an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and opinions are valued. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building low-level solutions.
We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5 years + experience in leading software development teams
• Great coaching and mentoring skills, enabling your team to be the best they can be
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, like Java, C/C++ or C# and great software design skills
• Strong fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis and data structures.
• Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Experience in building embedded software (eg. Android, QNX)
• Experience with Speech Recognition and Machine Learning
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
calendar_today1 day ago