Accounting Manager (BB-8ECF6)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
A growing third company property management in Vancouver is growing again. We are looking for a positive, self-starter, motivated, hands-on exceptional leader who has 5 years of property management in strata, commercial and residential experience.
You will be providing professional oversight and direction in the management of a team of property accountants to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financials and other reports to owners and asset managers.
- Responsible for a team of property accountants to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of financials to owners and asset managers, and the timely completion of annual budgets and final CAM recovery adjustments.
- Work directly with property accountants and property managers on budgeting and financial reporting.
- mentor each team member to assist in their career growth and development.
- Prepare and review month-end financial statements and management reports, including variance analysis, cash distributions, and account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare landlord-specific reporting requirements.
- Review team members’ financials to ensure accurate and timely completion and delivery of month-end activities including monthly financial information, cash-flow distribution, percent rent, accounting receivables review and accounts payable approval.
- Liaise with auditors on year-end CAM recoveries.
- Prepare, review and track the completion of routine accounting functions such as, but not limited o daily cash management
o tenant invoicing
o percent rent billings
o PAD processing
o payment of property tax bills
- Perform management fee billings, rent roll billings and tenant chargebacks.
- Prepare tax filing and remittances (e.g., GST, PST, and Non-Resident tax installments).
- Prepare cash-flow and monthly distributions.
- Assist in tracking of capital expenditures and follow-up with Property Managers on monthly variances.
- Review accounts receivable
- Prepare year-end working papers and liaise with auditors.
- Prepare annual CAM and Tax recovery reconciliation and billings.
- Determine budgeted operating expense and realty tax installments.
- Update tenant charges based on approved budgeted operating expense and realty tax installments.
- Review and enter new leases or amendments into Yardi Voyager.
- Update property recovery matrix based on the review of leases.
- Review and revise A/P coding to ensure accuracy.
- review and implementation of systems, new property set up, sale of property, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Degree or diploma in a related field, with a preference for commerce or accounting-related major
- Minimum five (5) years of property management accounting experience.
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting and recoveries.
- Intermediate computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience and working knowledge of Yardi Voyager an asset.
- Exceptional managerial, leadership, and communication skills to coach and motivate direct reports and third-party vendors.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain a calm focus.
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- .Excellent organization and time management
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
Excellent benefits which include matching RRSP and great working environment
Please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org for this great opportunity.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today1 day ago
work AG Recruitment