Vice President, Corporate Client Group, RBC Capital Partners (BB-6DB1F)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
What is the opportunity?
RBC Capital Partners (“RBCP”) provides junior capital to support organic growth, acquisitions and business transitions (including, management buyouts, leverage buyouts, and dividend recapitalizations) for RBC clients. The Royal Bank of Canada has committed $350 million to this initiative. You will work as part of a deal team in executing new investment opportunities and supporting portfolio investments. In addition, as a member of the team, you will be responsible for meeting annual and long term targets for loan derived revenues and returns and providing advice to our RBC partners on the use of RBCP financing.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with RBC partners to assess client and prospect opportunities and develop prudent capital structures.
- Identify opportunities for RBCP financing solutions based on, but not limited to, the following investment criteria: i) proven and sustainable cash flows, ii) experienced management, iii) positive industry trends and iv) a defensible competitive advantage.
- Be a key member of small, specialized team and coach junior members.
- Lead due diligence, structuring and closing of deals.
- Provide insight into current trends in the marketplace and assist in development of strategies, including identifying target industries based on growth or consolidation profile, marketing and risk management.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of marketing pitches to existing and potential clients, in coordination with CCG and Commercial Financial Services partners
- Monitoring of portfolio companies, including appropriate financial reporting, trend analysis and amendments.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 7 years of middle market commercial and/or corporate lending, mezzanine financing, investment banking or private equity
- Proven financial modeling and investment valuation skills
- Proven credit structuring and underwriting skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, strong knowledge of economics, finance and accounting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Nice to have:
- MBA or other post-graduate degree
- CA or CFA or other relevant professional designation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to interact with CFOs and decision makers of our borrowers
- Ability to work with different groups within the Bank and learn about the Bank’s operations
- Opportunities to review and evaluate many different prospective borrowers across a range of industries
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 200 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/02/2021
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking
Req ID: 321557
calendar_today1 day ago