Field Service Technologist (BB-0B4C9)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions (ELDS) are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
The Field Service Technologist provides technical support & leadership to meet our customer's electrical power distribution needs.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- This dynamic role requires strong hands-on power delivery service, technical and mechanical skills, leadership, business acumen and effective communication skills to perform some or all of:
- Test, commission, program, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, retrofit and install of medium and low voltage power system equipment.
- Relay capabilities (test, commission, troubleshoot, upgrade, retrofit) for various types of protection and control would be an asset.
- Performs field assignments to solve customers' operational problems, optimize the performance of their equipment with regards to install, commissioning, and maintenance of equipment.
- Plans, coordinates, leads and/or direct activities for self and team to maximize productivity, utilization and profitability.
- Develops service work scopes and assists with estimates for proposal activities.
- Executes service jobs on-time and on-budget with world-class quality.
- Conducts formal training with the customer and handles post commissioning warranty activities.
- Reviews, interprets and comments on technical specifications and may make recommendations on field execution strategies.
- Participates in technical training & technical presentations.
- Reaches out to customers, builds and maintains customer relationships in a proactive manner to grow service opportunities,
- Proficient in all aspects of wide variety of standalone product knowledge & application. (ABB and GE products would be considered an asset)
- Must be available to travel to provide service for our customers (Primarily in British Columbia, Canada but will also be required to support the other regions within Canada and international assignments as needed)
- 5+ years proven track record servicing some or all of the above equipment
- Familiarity with environmental protection procedures and basic electrical safety practices to make a work site and site activities safe for self and all other members of the site team
- Engineer or Technician or Certified Electrical Technician/Technologist or Journeyman Electrician, with proven experience
- Well organized, strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on capability
- Ability to understand documented instructions, procedures and electrical drawings, and develop the same
- Familiar with test equipment and testing procedures for power delivery
- Computer literate with excellent English written and oral skills
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and nationally 50-60% of the time, work overtime/weekends and respond to weekend and off-hours service requests as required
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in Canada and a valid Canadian driver license
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Reference Number CA73789793_E9 Publication date 2021-02-09
calendar_today2 days ago