MSL Neurology - Quebec/ATL (BB-6575D)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe diseases. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
Aidez-nous à transformer la vie des patients.
Chez UCB, nous tenons à faire la différence pour les personnes vivant avec une maladie grave; nous y mettons tout notre cœur, notre âme et nos compétences. En travaillant tous ensemble à repousser les limites, nous tirons parti des qualités de nos meilleurs talents pour favoriser l’innovation. Souhaitez-vous rejoindre notre équipe et faire partie de notre aventure?
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based Medical/Scientific expert who serves as a key scientific partner to healthcare providers/organizations, and internal UCB colleagues. As an MSL at UCB, you will be responsible for executing key medical strategies to enhance care and positively impact patients living with chronic neurologic diseases. This position will support our Neurology Patient Value Unit (PVU) in the geography of Quebec (Montreal preferred).
You will contribute by:
• Maintaining deep scientific knowledge in areas of Neurology
• Identifying, establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), clinical specialists, and researchers and conducts scientific exchanges in the specific areas of focus
• Delivering clinical value propositions and engages with key decision-maker stakeholders in medical groups, IDNs, and regional payers
• Identifying and supporting potential research expansion projects/collaborations, medical advisors, and educational partnership opportunities
• Conducting local roundtables and education programs that aim to enhance Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)s understanding of unmet clinical needs
• Serving as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, and internal meetings.
• Supporting and collaborating with field-based cross-functional teams to provide medical insights and expertise
• Reviewing and critiquing scientific publications to help inform healthcare trends in Neurology specific areas of focus
• Collecting, analyzing, and communicating information concerning therapeutic area, treatment options, emerging standards of care, and competitive intelligence
• Addressing medical information inquiries
• Providing effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences to meet specific audience needs
• Locally supporting UCB clinical investigations, and assesses feasibility while serving as the primary liaison between UCB and investigator for unsolicited Investigator-Initiated Studies (IISs) from inception to publication
• Providing field updates regarding topics of interest for creation and/or updating of Standard Response Letters
• Operating at the highest level of UCB compliance and professional standards and adhering to compliant behavior is an expectation at UCB and is demonstrated by embracing ethical decision-making practices and guidelines in all aspects of our organization.
Interested ? For this position, you’ll need the following education , experience and skills :
• Required: MSc
• 5+ years of experience of success as an MSL (or related role)
• Must be bilingual in French and English
• Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings
• Regular travel required within region, and to attend company meetings, conferences, etc. (including overnights and some weekends)
• Valid driver’s license
• Must complete initial training and successfully pass all assessments
• Neurology disease experience strongly preferred (Epilepsy and/or Myasthenia Gravis is an asset)
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Creative approach to finding solutions and to able to work effectively in a constantly changing environment
• Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
• Basic knowledge and understanding of health economic principles and clinical trials
• Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments including regional business units, marketing, sales, medical affairs, and clinical operations
• Strong time management, and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications
UCB Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
calendar_today1 day ago
calendar_today1 day ago