Software Developer (BB-D5E70)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
As a Software Developer at Destiny, you will be primarily responsible for designing and developing high quality solutions within our Destiny One product. You strive to continually improve the quality, performance and reliability of any code that you develop. You are analytical and has the ability to solve interesting and complex problems and implement innovative solutions. You will not only be utilizing your technical skills but also assist in translating business requirements into technical solutions by closely collaborating with Product Management.
We are looking for the type of person that loves to have their hands in everything and someone who can take on the challenge of working within a small growing team with a great deal of responsibility. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to actively contribute to all phases of the development cycle that will take your skills and experience to the next level.
Status: 1 year contract
How you'll make an impact:
- Build end-to-end solutions, implementing and designing both the GUI and the server-side designs with high efficiency and quality.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle – requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment.
- Participate in the project planning process including estimating and process improvements in an Agile environment.
- Deliver solutions that are highly usable, efficient, secure and scalable.
- Strive at all times to do work using best practices – through experience or experimentation.
What you'll need to succeed:
- The education and experience. You have either a diploma or a degree in Computer Sciences, IT, or related field and 3+ years work experience in a development environment.
- The tech exposure. You have experience with most of the following technologies:
- Tomcat, Apache
- MSSQL Server
- Spring, Hibernate
- Tableau, SnapLogic, Crystal Reports
- RESTful API
- A perfectionist streak. You want to be part of a team dedicated to creating and delivering quality software. You define and follow best practices for web design and usability principles.
- Outstanding communication. You will split your time between heads-down coding and team collaboration and innovation. We support each other out loud, working out solutions.
- Pride. You enjoy your work and getting a job done well. You want to be part of a team that promotes their accomplishments and sees the difference they make.
- Ownership. You can be counted on to deliver the best solution in collaboration with your team. You take ownership for your work, your tasks, your timelines.
- Driven. You want to be challenged and you are constantly seeking new opportunities to learn, gain and apply new skills and knowledge.
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation
- Learning and development opportunities
- You will make a difference everyday for universities trying to grow and students trying to learn.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Destiny Solutions® is transforming how North American universities and colleges engage and manage “non-traditional” students and curriculum. We create software for universities and colleges that helps them to successfully attract, manage and retain their non-traditional students. Our software platform, Destiny One™, fosters business excellence and catalyzes world-class customer engagement between educators and learners. Our customers represent the market leaders in continuing education and lifelong learning. OmniUpdate® is the leading web content management system (CMS) provider for higher education. The company focuses on providing an exceptional customer experience to its 40,000+ OU Campus™ CMS users who manage more than 700 college and university websites in the U.S. and around the world. In 2018, Destiny was purchased by The Riverside Company, one of the most pre-eminent private equity partners in the world. In 2019, Destiny merged with OmniUpdate (located in California), and the combined company now includes more than 375 customers and more than 150 employees. With Riverside’s financial backing, Destiny/Omni will continue to invest in its flagship products and look to bring additional products to the market. Together, we represent the most innovative and comprehensive suite of digital marketing solutions in the higher education market, offering higher education’s first cloud-based, end-to-end student digital engagement platform. Services include Web Content Management, Student Lifecycle Management, Curriculum Management, Payment Processing, Real-Time Reporting, and Business Intelligence—all backed by full-service customer support.
Destiny Solutions® and OmniUpdate® are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today1 day ago
work Destiny Solutions