Data Scientist (BB-1BCDE)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Requisition ID: 97187
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
There has never been a better time to join Scotiabank as a Data Scientist. The Data Scientist role in the Global Data & Analytics Solutions team at Scotiabank is designed for individuals with a curiosity for deriving insights out of data and applying them to address business opportunities.
- Collaborate with business lines and other stakeholders and identify opportunities to drive business value by leveraging data science solutions
- Ingest massive volumes of structured and unstructured format data, model, transform and store it in a variety of data stores
- Leverage distributed computing tools (e.g., Spark, Cloud) for analysis, data mining, and modeling
- Collaborate with data engineering, operation, and other analytics teams to deploy models and algorithms in production across different channels and platforms
- Create and apply model and algorithm testing strategies to measure, conduct testing to measure the effectiveness of models, and make ongoing changes
- Support the build of real-time/batch data pipeline and deploy the model in a production environment
- Prepare detailed documentation to outline data sources, models, and algorithms used and developed
- Present results to business line stakeholders and help implement real data-driven changes
Requirements & Qualifications:
- University degree in a relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics)
- Experience cleaning, transforming, and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g., unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files, audio, image)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data/Cloud ecosystem (e.g. GCP) and experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Production experience with experimental design, statistical analysis, machine learning, and predictive modeling (e.g., cross-sell, acquisition, and fraud/anomaly detection)
- Programming skills in Python (Preferred but not required Java)
- Experience with common machine learning libraries in Python, PySpark (scikit-learn, xgboost)
- Experience with UNIX tools and shell scripting
- Solid SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL)
- Experience using and implementing visualization tools like D3, Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience working with GCP and deploy the model in Kubernetes Environment
- Experience working with Git Workflows (Pull Request, Code Review, Branching)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Scientist, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Technology, Science, Finance
calendar_today2 days ago