Principal Software Engineer (BB-1859F)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Who are we?
Recognized by The Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s top Employee Recommended Workplaces for 2020, FormHero is a successful and growing SaaS company that strives to offer the most delightful user experiences in digital data collection, backed by our industry-leading graphical form design and creation tools. Our product enables enterprises to build and deploy powerful, secure and fully-accessible Smart Forms in a user-friendly, no-code or very-low-code environment, that integrates seamlessly with existing business processes via dynamic functionality such as API integrations and fully-customizable PDF document output.
Our platform powers many of Canada’s largest enterprises, including banks, insurance companies, retail chains and government agencies, helping them improve their customer experience and internal workflows. And we’re just getting started!
As we continue to scale-up and take on bigger challenges, we’re adding a Principal Software Engineer to our Agile team. This is an impactful, technical leadership and hands-on development role for our team.
Our team creates the platform that is the heart and soul of FormHero. We’re working on new features and infrastructure improvements helping Canada’s largest enterprises design and deploy delightful, modern digital workflows. Recent features we’ve shipped include new API-powered Smart Form components, Google Maps-integration, Single Sign-on for enhanced security, eSignatures functionality, and an Enterprise-grade secure data handling service, just to name a few projects we’ve worked on this year!
While the initial focus for this role will be back end and platform architecture, we’re looking for someone who has full-stack experience, and has “been there, done that” to play a key role in supporting the design and implementation of our product and platform.
In addition, you’ll be influencing our architectural direction, leading and taking ownership of projects, improving technical quality in collaboration with our front end and back end Team Leads, and helping level-up our team’s technical capabilities.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be:
- Leading. You will lead, design and drive long-term technical strategy/architecture for our Product Roadmap via research, evaluation and proof-of-concepts. Execute on the roadmap to improve products, infrastructure and team processes.
- Mentoring. Coach and mentor other engineers, by reviewing their PRs and technical designs, providing technical feedback, and helping them grow their skills and knowledge.
- Levelling up our technical capabilities. Help build technical capabilities within the engineering team, both individually and holistically.
- Building. Design and build new features, services and platform infrastructure, both as an individual contributor as well as a technical mentor providing guidance to other engineers’ work.
- Digging deep. Dive in to analyze and resolve programming and design challenges across a wide variety of areas, including the front and back end code base, databases, cache and deployment infrastructure.
- Improving. Optimize performance, scalability, maintainability and functionality for our SaaS platform by evaluating and recommending tools, technologies and processes.
- Facilitating. Act as a facilitator and sounding board for the team during technical discussions, to help the team arrive at the best possible technical solution.
- Collaborating. Collaborate with front end, back end, QA and product team members on product development.
This is an opportunity to evolve and improve upon our microservices architecture built on a modern tech stack, which includes:
- Node.js and Express
- React and AngularJS
- MongoDB and DocumentDB
- Integrating with 3rd party services such as Google SSO, Twilio, DocuSign, Zapier, etc.
We are looking for someone who is solutions-driven, experienced in building robust products, and passionate about levelling up others at a technical product organization. If you know how to build highly scalable, secure and extensible platforms and applications, let’s talk!
What are we looking for?
The technical expertise.
- 15+ years’ experience in software engineering building multiple distributed systems with varying architectural, scalability and security considerations.
- 5+ years of experience providing technical leadership in design and architecture, in addition to mentoring, coaching, upskilling and supporting other engineers.
- Deep technical knowledge of web development tooling & trends, and can be actively involved in technical discussions in system design and front end and back end development.
- You have strong experience and knowledge in many of the following areas. Note: You don’t have to know everything listed below! If you have experience with many of the following, we’d love to hear from you.
- Front end frameworks & libraries such as AngularJS/Angular, React and Vue.
- Back end: Building applications using Node.js, Express with REST APIs.
- Microservices and/or Service Oriented Architecture (developing, debugging, monitoring).
- User authentication/authorization, including SSO, OAuth2, SAML, OpenID, etc.
- MongoDB and NoSQL databases.
- Redis or in-memory cache data structures.
- Deployment technologies, including Docker and AWS.
- CI/CD systems, such as Jenkins, Shippable, CircleCI or others.
- Web application security standards such as OWASP Top 10.
- Experience reviewing and resolving security, privacy and pentest findings.
- You are a strong proponent of unit testing and automation testing, and have built extensive coverage using tools such as Mocha, Chai, Puppeteer, Cypress, etc.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Development, a related field or comparable professional experience.
- Advantage if you possess MongoDB Professional Certification(s).
The communication skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You can effectively communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical audiences.
The desire to grow and adapt.
- You can adapt quickly, innovate solutions and embrace the new while accepting the ambiguous. You want to be part of a growing and collaborative team where your voice will be heard.
What’s in it for you?
Growth. We are passionate about our people. As FormHero grows, we want you to be a part of that journey, supporting professional development and career growth opportunities. As we build out our development team, you will be a key player in building that foundation and directly influence new services and workflows.
Collaborative Culture. We are a team of humble, passionate and thoughtful human beings that genuinely want to do good and support one another. FormHero is going through a big and pivotal transformation, and we know great ideas come from people that are open to trying new things, people that are willing to fail and people who put their best efforts in their work. FormHero prides itself in its diversity, your voice matters and we want to hear it!
Impact. We are always iterating and continuously optimizing our product and improving processes. This is an opportunity to work with a platform product that changes the way organizations think about collecting data. You will bring your experience and ideas to help invent and impact the seamless experience our customers desire and demand.
Some reasons why you might enjoy working with us:
- Join a team of bright, humble and diverse individuals who come from different backgrounds and walks of life to build exceptional products together.
- Make an impact at an organization with big clients and big plans. It's a chance to make meaningful contributions and expand your career at a growing company.
- Enjoy our Friday Socials, team building events and lively Slack channels and get to know your teammates both as coworkers as well as individuals.
- Be supported by a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for you and your family, EAP program and parental leave top-up and more.
- Find work-life balance with flexible working hours, paid vacation and flex days;
- Enjoy working from the comfort of your home and create an ergonomic, productive and fulfilling home office. A generous budget for essential equipment will be offered during on-boarding to set you up for success!
- FormHero is hiring, on-boarding and working 100% remotely for the time being in order to keep our candidates and employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Benefits/perks listed above may change over time as the company grows and evolves.
FormHero is a rapidly scaling company and we are at an exciting point in our growth where we are beginning to expand to an international clientele. We're a company with traction and we're planning to expand broadly. We are already working with some of the largest companies in Canada and we have gained recognition for putting the end user customer experience first.
Think this job is meant for you but worried you don’t have it all? If you feel you meet 70% of the qualifications and you are an innovative team player, express your interest here and we promise to consider your full profile. You can also follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn to learn more about us.
FormHero is a diverse employer, we are always excited to have different types of people join our team and add to our culture in new ways. Please feel free to identify your preferred pronouns (if you want to) when applying.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today1 day ago