Senior Trust Officer (BB-8A3A9)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
The Senior Trust Officer is accountable to the Market Leader as well as the Regional Director of Trust, BMO Trust Company, with the primary measurement of success being to meet or exceed an annual assignment of specific revenue and referral targets. Secondary measures of success will include contribution to development of Estate and Trust business in BMO Private Wealth and as a key member of the overall market center professional team. This role is responsible for account administration for Estate and Trust Services line of business (LOB) in the market.
- Provides high quality sales and service to Trust & Estate clients to deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Provides technical expertise for all aspects of Trust & Estate account management and administration to ensure compliance.
- Works collaboratively within the branch and the regional team as part of the client/relationship management solution.
- Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities to grow existing relationships and develop new business.
- Makes presentations to clients/prospects in conjunction with others based upon their needs.
- Manages trust, agency or probate accounts in the role of trustee and executor, attorney
- The Relationship Manager assigned clients and effectively interacts with others assigned to the client/relationship team.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business and the client.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance of Trust Assistant and addresses any issues.
- Reviews requests with co-Fiduciary to make discretionary decisions to about actions to be taken.
- Cross trains team members to ensure coverage and contingency.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Performs set up & maintenance of Trust & Estate accounts ensuring all compliance requirements are met within acceptable time frames.
- The Trust officer's files may be audited by internal compliance or an auditor
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Performs sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and preferred if has post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Personal Trust Administration processes and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of Trust Tax, Trust Accounting and working with Investment Management professionals
- In-depth knowledge of fiduciary laws including estate planning techniques, relevant tax regulations.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
calendar_today1 day ago