Registered Practical Nurse - Fergus Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) (BB-603C4)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Registered Practical Nurse, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
The primary office is in Fergus with support across North Wellington and Dufferin.
Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered.
What you'll be doing
* Assist in/Coordinate care with patients, families and communities
* Assume the role of associate and alternate nurse (and primary nurse, depending on client status)
* Provide care, comfort measures; apply healing strategies, provide for safety; monitor and assist with diagnostic and therapeutic efforts
* Administer psychiatric and non-psychiatric medications and treatments
* Maximize the patient's participation and control in his/her own treatment, providing information and support for decision making
* Contribute to fluctuating patient care needs according to CNO standards, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, specific program philosophy and diversified patient populations
* Practice according to the Mental Health Act and other pertinent regulations
* Assess the potential for risk accurately and demonstrate leadership and skill in extreme or life-threatening emergencies
* Engage with interdisciplinary teams and individual team members as appropriate
* Refer to other professionals and agencies creatively and appropriately. Ensure that post-discharge follow-up is in place, accessible and is understood by the patient
* Participate in clinical discussions, team meetings, and patient/family conferences
What we're looking for
* Licensed as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
* 2+ years of experience in Mental Health/Acute Assessment/Community Crisis care
* Working knowledge of Mental Health Act and community mental health resources.
* Current knowledge and experience of assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders, including prevention of suicide and management of aggressive behavior
* Ability to effectively manage crisis situations and deal with acutely ill patients
* Proven excellence in communication, problem solving, conflict resolution and organizational skills
* Previous training in boundaries, suicide awareness, and medication administration is an asset
* Knowledge of CBT/DBT is an asset
* Proven ability to assume leadership
* Current CPR/Basic rescuer certification
* Ability to work independently and with multi-disciplinary team
* Must hold a Valid Ontario Driver's License and own a personal Vehicle to be utilized for work purposes with a minimum Business class insurance
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada's largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.
calendar_today4 days ago
work Homewood Health