Quality Projects and Continuous Improvement Specialist (BB-6C00D)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
The Quality Projects and Continuous Improvement Specialist reports to the Sr. Quality Assurance Manager and is responsible for quality projects and Continuous Improvements (CI). The incumbent is responsible for introducing and implementing project management best practices, tools and processes, as well as monitoring their effectiveness in maintain the DNA Genotek Quality System.
The Quality Projects and Continuous Improvement Specialist works closely with DNA Genotek teammates, such as Research & Development, Engineering, QC, and Quality Assurance in the planning, execution and communication of key Quality projects. The Quality Projects and Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for establishing and/or applying internal and industry adopted continuous improvement principles and processes. The Quality Projects and Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for developing and implementation of the Continuous Improvement Strategy across the organization. The Quality Projects and Continuous Improvement Specialist will be the subject matter expert and will be responsible for coaching/mentoring others on Continuous Improvement methodology, tools, and analysis to achieve sustainable improvements
- Leads efforts for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of quality-specific projects ensuring alignment with DNA Genotek’s organizational strategies, commitments and goals.
- Plan and set project goals and milestones.
- Develop and execute risk management strategies as related to quality projects.
- Track and monitor all quality projects, along with associated gap analyses and action follow-up Report progress of quality projects at regular intervals to Quality Management and cross-functional teammates, including status of deliverables.
- Collect and report project metrics as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and project teams to ensure successful and timely delivery of quality projects
- Establish the DNA Genotek Quality System CI Program including the specific methodologies and tools that will be used and ensure consistent application across the organization.
- Act as an agent of change to drive a CI and operational excellence culture across the organization.
- College diploma or University degree in Business Administration, Science, or Engineering or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience related to the position.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) is preferred
- Certification in Continuous Improvement is preferred
- Six Sigma certification is an asset
- 2+ years of direct CI experience, leading cross-functional teams to achieve sustainable results in an manufacturing environment, preferably medical device environment
- Extensive knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques (e.g. 6M, PDCA, DMAIC, 5 Whys, Kaizen, flow charting)
- Extensive experience in preparation of project charters, plans, and schedules
- Proficient experience with MS Visio, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel or equivalents
- Proficient experience with process mapping
- Proficient experience with Project Management software
- Proficient experience in managing projects from inception through to closure.
- Experience in the establishment of various types of documentation and materials in different formats
- Strong knowledge of, and exposure to, quality systems requirements, medical device requirements is preferred
- Experience in identifying and proposing solutions to project delivery issues
- Experience in scheduling, facilitating and coordinating project and CI activities
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational ability to multitask, prioritize work, and deliver to tight timelines; must be action and results oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be self-directed.
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even without direct authority.
- Ability to communicate to cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to an execute project changes promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and collaboration skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
At DNA Genotek, we are committed to building and preserving an accessible, welcoming, supportive, fair, and inclusive environment. Accommodations are available to support prospective employees during the recruitment and hiring process. Should you require any accommodations, please advise us in advance so that we can work with you to find a suitable accommodation
calendar_today17 hours ago
work DNA Genotek