Business Intelligence Data Strategist 3155800 (BB-34CCC)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to-moment movements of the capital markets; analyzing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professional’s trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
The role offers a unique opportunity to participate in the data based transformation of Morgan Stanley’s Fixed Income Business. Our Data Strat team combines technology with product expertise to bring unequalled value to the world's information. We evaluate, collect, analyze and process data from a variety of internal and 3rd party sources for use in our trading and lending businesses. We are growing our team in order to scale our technology capabilities and expand the range of acquisition, extraction and enrichment techniques we use for automation of our data analytics.
- Oversee the complete lifecycle of data integration: analysis, design, implementation and actively engage with the business on using the data to make trading decisions.
- Architect data flows, build out data pipelines and implement complex analytics while ensuring the highest standard of data integrity
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in setting up data pipelines, processing data with complex analytics and ensuring data integrity
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, a related quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and report simultaneously across different stakeholders.
- Structured thinking with ability to easily break down ambiguous problems and propose impactful solutions.
- Passion for analyzing large and complex data sets and converting them into the information that drive business decisions.
- Attention to detail and effective verbal/written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
Knowledge of French and English is required
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.
calendar_today9 hours ago
work Morgan Stanley