Senior Underwriter, Management Liability (BB-CCED5)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Senior Underwriter– Management Liability
Your Future Team
AIG Canada is part of American International Group, Inc. a global insurance solutions provider serving more than 90 million clients in 80 countries and jurisdictions, with the support of over 48,000 employees worldwide.
For over 50 years, AIG Insurance Company of Canada (AIG Canada) has been a national leader of insurance solutions within Canada. AIG Canada provides a wide range of business and consumer products through a large network of independent brokers and direct to consumers. With a workforce of approximately 430 dedicated insurance professionals, AIG Canada prides itself upon our innovative insurance products, underwriting expertise, and exceptional claims service. We are headquartered in Toronto, with additional offices in Vancouver and Montreal.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Contributor, you are responsible for underwriting and assessing risk for AIG's Management Liability portfolio within Financial Lines, which includes Directors & Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability and Fidelity insurance coverages.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for underwriting, assessing risk and executing on strategic priorities within the Management Liability division
• Demonstrate technical expertise with Management Liability products, services and coverages
• Confident and keen in underwriting and analyzing private, non-profit and / or publicly-traded companies
• Strong business acumen, with the ability to succinctly outline and discuss conclusions from business/financial analysis
• Produce and underwrite profitable new and renewal business
• Ensuring underwriting guidelines and divisional policies and procedures are adhered to
• Assist in account reviews and the training and development of other team members
• Ensuring a disciplined approach to expense management
• Stay current with macroeconomic issues, industry activity, trends and the legal and regulatory landscape in Canada
• Developing and maintaining broker and client relationships while taking a leadership role in the marketplace
• Attend, participate and actively engage clients in meetings
• Drive change management by institutionalizing underwriting, service and process improvements
• Ensure files are well documented and comply with company and department standards
• Authority level will be commensurate with skills, experience and performance
What we are looking for
• Substantial experience in Management Liability underwriting.
• Knowledge of underwriting and insurance industry theories and practices
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of AIG’s internal and external business partners, as well as working independently
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and to make critical business decisions effectively
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong focus on due diligence and compliance
• CIP/FCIP/CRM designation an asset
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
calendar_today1 day ago