3D Laser Scanning Technician - Surveyor (BB-AC5E1)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
GeoVerra is seeking an experienced 3D Laser Scanning Technician – Surveyor to join our Geomatics team in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario. You will be responsible for efficiently organizing field surveys using 3D laser surveying equipment to complete project tasks. You will accurately observe, calculate, and record field data using surveying tools provided. You will review job specifications and plan fieldwork tasks.
- Perform 3-Dimensional field surveys for laser scanning projects.
- Plan daily activities considering possible multiple project deadlines to meet productivity goals set by Project Manager/Team Lead.
- Examine sketches, diagrams, samples, blueprints, or photographs to decide how sites are to be scanned and provide feedback.
- Maintain equipment inventory, loading, and maintenance schedules.
- Make timely requests for external equipment, procedural changes, new equipment purchases to the Director.
- Supervise use of equipment, preparation of sketches and notes, and electronic data collection.
- Communicates with the Project Lead about all aspects of the project.
- Work without direct day-to-day supervision and make technical and supervisory decisions for projects assigned within specified limits of authority.
- Executes daily data downloading, processing, and uploading.
- Prepare daily timesheets, data logs, expense reports and field change orders.
- Assure field crew adheres to safety procedures and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Adhere to established policies, follow all surveying and scanning service line procedures.
- Perform field surveying activities in accordance with standards set by the state.
- Participate in survey department and field crew training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Behaviours
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with 3D Laser Scanners.
- Minimum 5 years residing in Canada and capable of obtaining site access security clearance.
- Must have experience with laser scanners being proficient in the use of terrestrial equipment such as Leica P-Series, RTC360, BLK360, Trimble TX / SX10, and FARO Focus.
- Experience working with mobile scanning systems, including Leica Pegasus / Riegl VMX, and operating GNSS receivers is a strong asset.
- Skilled in point cloud processing and will have experience using software such as Trimble Business Center, Leica Cyclone, RiPRECISION, TopoDOT, 3DReshaper, MicroStation InRoads, AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcMap, TerraScan, and others as needed.
- Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting.
- Lifting requirements limited to 25 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc.
- Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same.
- Must be alert to equipment/personnel while in the field. Occasional need to work near equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
- Out-of-town deployment may be required, the successful candidate will be required for field and office responsibilities.
GeoVerra has every intention of fostering diversity within and across our organization. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today8 hours ago