Performance Engineer (Supply Chain) (BB-D33D7)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
Description:Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain Management (with a dotted line to the Director, Performance Improvement), the Performance Engineer, Supply Chain will lead the implementation of industry best practices to drive increased growth and operational excellence with empowered employees. The incumbent will possess comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing and the procurement process. Motivated by continuous improvement and using Lean Tools, this position requires extensive Value Added/Non-Value-added analysis to determine how Seaspan its supply chain will interact to improve performance. Using Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools, the Performance Engineer, Supply Chain will lead in the development, execution, and maintenance of transformation plans, delivering coaching and training through-out the supply chain value stream.
- Function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues and to provide technical support
- Design and Develop process and procedures ensuring implementation is consistent with company and industry standards. Participate in Lean events
- Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system, or other technical support as required
- Review and assess supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems. Provide feedback as appropriate on manufacturing methods and technologies. Manage supplier improvement plans, and drive to implementation of source inspection approval
- Collaborate with teams, lead projects, and continuously drive improvement in the supply base
- Analyze supplier quality & delivery metrics to identify trends and pinpoint systemic performance gaps and root causes
- Collaborate with procurement team to recommend technical/contractual improvements to reduce risk while onboarding new suppliers
- Define and document processes that are efficient, scalable, reliable, and repeatable
- Initiate, lead and contribute in strategy and execution of defined objectives for improving cycle time, increasing throughput, quality levels and efficiency
- Implement and monitor production part approval process with selected suppliers
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with manufacturing processes related to machined or mechanical components/structures, or fabrication processes preferred
Previous steel fabrication experience is a plus
- Bachelor's and master's degrees in mechanical engineering, business, or supply chain management
- Lean Greenbelt Certification required; however Blackbelt preferred
- Accomplished in GD&T for reading and interpreting drawings for measurement techniques
- Experience with manufacturing and inspection of raw materials, machined parts, fabricated components, and/or harnessing
- Experienced with sharing information and influencing others (strong written and verbal communication skills, able to liaise cross functionally, internally and externally, make presentations to team members and management)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods (Lean Greenbelt certification required, Black Belt preferred)
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Must also possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of unionized working environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with the ability to influence others and challenge in a constructive manner. Knowledge and understanding of the principles, techniques and practices involved in sourcing, bidding, contracting and procurement of raw materials and electro mechanical systems.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
calendar_today1 day ago
location_onNorth Vancouver, Canada
work Seaspan ULC