Community Assistant (BB-3A8B7)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Position Title Community Assistant Faculty/Department Student Affairs -Operations Unit SA-Residence Life Employee Group CUPE 5791 CUPE 5791 Job Family Operational Services Category Student Number of Vacancies Multiple Position Summary
Reporting to the Housing, Residence Life and Hospitality Services department, Community Assistants (CAs) are responsible for ensuring the comfort and success of students and guests in housing and on campus. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service, student/guest check-in and check-out, processing of payments for Hospitality guests, signing out equipment, monitoring housing spaces including conducting rounds of the buildings, identifying and reporting maintenance issues, completing a shift log and any required incident reports arising from events occurring while on shift. Performance of administrative tasks will be required along with other duties, as assigned.
This position will also provide support for a variety of areas on campus. For example, provides support for other departments such Campus Security checkpoints, Library extended hours and Facilities Management construction projects. Some duties include staffing check point entrance tables, confirming attendance to facilities, providing directions and support, and answering questions about campus.
Due to the current COVID related restrictions staff will be provided an opportunity to participate in Health and Safety training.Position Requirements
Must be a full-time student or returning as a full-time student in the Fall term
- Must have customer service experience
- Must be available to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Will require a criminal record check; cost to be reimbursed with approved invoice.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the job orientation and training program
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 65%
- Must demonstrate experience in decision making and the ability to follow procedures
- Ability to work independently during shifts
- Experience responding to emergency and/or crisis events
- Experience in diverse environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Experience in front desk services, including payment processing, is an asset
Working seated at front desk/computer station for majority of shift.
Must be physically capable to walk significant distances in order to completely rounds of buildings during shifts and/or in order to respond to student/guest inquiries in a timely manner.
calendar_today3 days ago