Bilingual Specialist, Government Relations (Position can be located anywhere in Canada) (BB-3C004)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Join the Client Solution Team, where our partners view CMHC as the catalyst for solving housing affordability challenges. We are constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your expertise, guidance and recommendations will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. Responsibilities: • Obtain input from internal and external stakeholders and clients on issues and opportunities related to policies, products, services and/or systems.
• Conduct research and continuously scan the internal and external environment to identify strategic linkages, partnership opportunities with governments, and innovative products and methods,
• Lead or contribute to the development of strategies, policies, work plans and risk management for the sector and for other sectors within CMHC as appropriate.
• Provide expert and comprehensive advice, guidance and recommendations to senior management on the development of intergovernmental partnerships, innovative policies, products, services and/or systems including responding to priority issues.
• Develop a variety of written documentation, presentations and briefing materials for senior management and in support of internal and external communications.
• Represent CMHC and, where required, organize or lead meetings, committees, task force / working groups and consultative bodies to communicate corporate priorities and policy positions and to obtain input into, and negotiate, specific CMHC proposals.
• Identify opportunities and maintain relationships by engaging in consultations with internal and external stakeholders, government and private sector, academics and other related experts.
• Act as a liaison that clients and stakeholders may rely on to field questions that require innovative responses and solutions related to relevant business area.
Minimum Qualifications: • Undergraduate degree in social science or a related discipline.
• Minimum of five years' experience in government relations and policy analysis.
• Experience working with government at the federal, provincial or municipal level.
• Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills to develop policy options and assess expected outcomes.
• Strong written and oral communication skills (in both official languages), including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles to communicate.
• Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strategic relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects and leading multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Ability to negotiate and influence change.
• Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
calendar_today3 days ago