Inside Sales Specialist (BB-E70C8)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Inside Sales Specialist
Survalent Technology is looking for an Inside Sales Specialist to join the team. The Inside Sales Specialist will have the opportunity to build positive professional relationships with our internal and external customers. This position will be responsible for proposals, generating leads, creating quotations and processing orders. If you are interested in this exciting role, please read on to learn more about it.
Essential Day to Day Functions:
- Review RFP/RFQ (Requests for Proposal/ Requests for Quotation), provide technical proposal and commercial proposal based on competitive market information within agreed time scales.
- Produce high quality proposals & quotations (error free, technically accurate and easy to follow) which meets or exceeds RFP/RFQ requirements and Survalent’s standards.
- Consult with various departments within Survalent as appropriate to resolve technical issues that arise during order life cycle, from quotation phase through implementation phase.
- Work with sales representatives to design an appropriate solution that satisfies the customer requirements and target price/margins.
- Maintain effective communication support and interaction with the Sales team in the bid process which includes quotation development, order spec review and all order management activities.
- Track and maintain individual “In progress” quotations and order status in the department Quotation and Order Management Business System in a timely manner.
- Maintain customer files, including customer’s specific requirements as defined within the team’s protocol including but not limited to ISO or Survalent Work Instructions or procedures.
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure timely invoicing and payment where applicable. Request bid and performance bonds through finance.
- Adhere to standard company policies & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies/ Position Requirements:
- Experience with preparation of enterprise software & system proposals
- Knowledge or experience with SCADA industry, automation and IT field is preferred
- Ability to architect and design product solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Project/Bid risk assessment (Bid/no bid assessment)
- Review of commercial & legal documentation of customer specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinker and takes initiative when needed
- Excellent time management skills
- Works constructively and persists, even under pressure
- Maintains proper level of optimism and enthusiasm
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an application engineering or comparable role
- Must be versed in Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent telephone and negotiating skills
- Technical writing skills
- Order specification writing and organizational skills
- Fluent English skills (oral & written); Spanish is an asset.
This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Proposal Manager. We offer a very competitive compensation package which includes excellent benefits and a profit-sharing plan. We have a casual friendly and highly collaborate environment. If this is something you are interested in, please apply with a resume and cover letter
Survalent Technology Corporation is the leading provider of real-time smart grid management system for enabling visualization, optimization and improved operations for utilities. For six decades, we have helped more than 650 utilities use operational data to increase reliability, efficiency and customer service. With our proven and reliable SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), Distribution Management System (DMS), Outage Management System (OMS), and Substation Automation (SA) solutions, utilities transform data into actionable intelligence. We partner with utilities across the globe to create mission critical solutions that will achieve the promise of the Smart Grid.
Survalent values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of all races, color, creed, ancestry, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, family status, and those with disabilities to apply. Survalent is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
calendar_today3 days ago