SHIPPING/RECEIVING LEAD HAND (NIGHTS) (BB-D54DF)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and MinaTM. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
SHIPPING/RECEIVING LEAD HAND (NIGHTS): The Shipping/Receiving Lead Hand works in the Distribution department and is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of all outbound traffic for finished goods, and inbound delivery coming into the facility. Working with cooler, production and warehouse personnel, they are responsible to ensure the completion of the daily required orders. They will ensure best practices in shipping/receiving functions and that all material is handled correctly and safely.
- Coordinate with Production to ensure material required for long distance loads are ready. Schedule load and ensure target goals are met.
- Act as a liaison between the Shipping department and all functional department/areas
- Analyze and investigate all inventory discrepancies as requested, and correct any SAP system discrepancies and invoices related issues
- Enter delivery inbound in SAP as needed
- Complete all FSQA reports as required
- Responsible for correct allergen and material labeling
- Direct and coordinate team to ensure material is received and stored in the proper identified area as well as ensure FIFO/SOP are being followed
- Maintain shipping records, including tracking and shipping history information and provide information for traceability as needed
- Ensure freezer/coolers in RAW and RTE inventory is stored following and sanitation wash cycles are completed
- Additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and oral) and the ability to effectively communicate across various departments in English
- Lead day-to-day communication with team and develop harmonious relationships
- Ability to work independently without regular supervision
- Ability to identify new and improved ways of completing tasks
- Willingness to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
- Ability to establish priorities and lead those priorities in their work area
- Previous experience working in Shipping/Receiving environment is required
- Must possess the ability to multitask, ensuring accuracy and completion for each task
- Must possess strong computer and/or data entry skills; experience with SAP systems is an asset
- Excellent time management, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be a team player
- Will be required to perform Shipper/Receiver tasks when not involved in Lead Hand duties
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
- Physical ability for repetitive pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, heavy lifting and standing
- Lift truck operation is required for this role. Certification is an asset, but willing to train the right individual
- Ability to work overnight is required (10:00-11:00 pm start time)
WHY Maple Leaf Foods,
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please send resume by email to: Elisa.lepekghandour or apply to our job posting online. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this
calendar_today2 days ago