Finance Manager (Foundation) (BB-90B69)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Michael Garron Hospital, formerly Toronto East General Hospital, was founded during the earliest days of the development of East Toronto. We have a nearly 100-year history of providing healthcare tailored to the needs of our community with kindness.
The community we serve is unique in Toronto and one of the most diverse in Canada—and its healthcare needs are great. 40 percent of residents are newcomers. More children, refugees, and seniors living alone call East Toronto home than anywhere else in the city. Poverty and isolation—two of the most critical social determinants of health—affect people in our neighbourhoods disproportionately.
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation raises funds and engages our community in support of our hospital. A donationto Michael Garron Hospital is an investment in the prosperity of each and every person living in East Toronto. When members of our community are healthy, they are able to reach their full potential and better contribute to their family, neighbourhood, and ultimately, Canadian society.
We are seeking a dynamic Manager, Finance to join our team. A key member of our Foundation, generating in excess of $12 million in revenue annually, the incumbent will oversee the day-to-day management of the finance function for our organization. The Manager, Finance will build and sustain our finance capabilities and provide exemplary internal service through the maintenance, monitoring and continuous improvement of accounting systems and processes.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of multi-tasking, grounded in strong analysis to efficiently manage our finance function. The ideal candidate for this role is highly organized, proactive and detail oriented. The position also requires excellent technical, reporting, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in a small office setting.
- Accounting designation preferred
Minimum 5 years finance and accounting experience
- Understanding of Fund accounting principles and Canadian accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations (ASNPO)
- Understanding of CRA guidelines for charities, including receipting and preparation of T3010
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Financial Edge NXT an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to enable Board and Committee level presentation and material development
- Excellent analytical, problem recognition and creative problem-solving skills with a proven ability to take initiative and embrace challenges required
- Ability to translate financial concepts and effectively collaborate with fundraising colleagues.
- Good work and attendancerecord required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Actof Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH. - All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
Please note that interviews will be taking place as resumes are received.
calendar_today4 days ago