Information Technology Analyst (BB-E8326)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
1. Establishes, configures, implements, and administers effective and efficient procedures for imaging and deployment of office productivity and educational software applications to client computers.
2. Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting the client computing device infrastructure which includes:
3. Oversees upgrades and patches for existing software applications including assessment, configuration, scripting, virtualization, application packaging, testing and deployment.
4. Oversees technical support for complex requests and problems related to the deployment of university or departmental licensed software.
5. Develops and implements remote installation and maintenance practices specifically geared towards university lab and classroom computing environments, providing students and faculty with up-to-date versions of existing software.
6. Integrates application upgrades and new software package requests onto desktop images deployed on university owned computers.
7. Assists in the management of various components of the desktop infrastructure including: antivirus and anti-malware software, patch management for operating systems, and application software, software virtualization including providing leadership with the development and maintenance of virtualized desktop master images and application packages.
8. Provides technical consultation and support to clients in all technology environments on IT-related tasks and/or projects; ensures that projects meet standard requirements to integrate properly with the campus computing environment.
9. Researches, evaluates and documents new desktop software applications and operational procedures. Works with clients to ensure software is installed as per their requirements.
10. Analysis and troubleshooting of complex problems with existing systems and implements solutions by replacing hardware components and/or modifying configuration of software.
11. Train, coordinate and monitor the work of work study students and report significant performance issues to the Manager or Supervisor.
12. Develops and delivers training and documentation on a variety of computer hardware and software procedures and applications.
Manager, IT Client Services
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
calendar_today5 days ago