STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (BB-2461C)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Are you looking to apply your engineering skills in a new area? Would you like to work in a team that is providing expertise to ensure the safety of Ontario's transportation structures? Then, come and take a closer look at this opportunity with the Ministry of Transportation.
What can I expect to do in this role?In this role, you will:
• administer consultant assignments, review consultant submissions and identify areas where improvements can be made
• conduct inspections for routine, non-routine and emergency structure investigations
• prepare preliminary and final designs for new structures and rehabilitation of existing structures and prepare all related contract documents
• provide engineering advice and direction as required to internal staff and consultants on assigned projects
Note: This position requires travel throughout the province, generally 1-2 times a week through the summer months.
How do I qualify?
Mandatory• You are a Professional Engineer, licensed with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
• The position requires the successful candidate to have a valid class G driver's licence or equivalent. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that s/he has a valid driver's licence upon being hired.
Engineering Knowledge• you have proven knowledge of and experience in structural engineering design and practices related to bridges and other transportation structures (design, analysis, evaluation, rehabilitation, inspection and maintenance)
• you have knowledge and experience working with the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CHBDC)
• you have knowledge of structural computer software and Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) programs
• you have knowledge of road design, soils, foundations engineering materials, construction practices to provide structural engineering expertise in infrastructure management activities of existing transportation structure.
Project Management and Contract Administration• you have knowledge of consultant acquisition and procurement processes to manage consultant assignments, identify and resolve technical and administrative issues
• you have experience with contract preparation and delivery processes
• you have project management skills.
Judgment and Problem Solving Skills• you have the ability to identify problems, gather necessary information, investigate, interpret, analyze risks, make decisions, and prepare contingent plans and/or action
• you have the ability to exercise judgment in the effective application of knowledge and practices.
Communications and Interpersonal Skills• you have the ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing
• you have interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with staff, consultants, contractors, officials, etc.
calendar_today3 days ago