Service Technician II (BB-8BBA0)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Responsible for workingwithin a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations andmaintenance services to support a fleet of robots. Primary responder to recoverfailed robot drive units and blocked pathways. Performs advanced maintenance ondrive units, pods and stations. First responder to all robotic floor relatedbreak downs and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responds to robotic systembreak downs.
Completes both basic andadvanced preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures.
Basic troubleshooting ofrobotic drive units and software.
Logs detailed maintenancedata.
Maintains and repairsdistribution center mobile racking.
Metal and woodfabrications, including welding.
Assists, repairs, andmaintains material handling equipment.
Tracks and stores thedepartment's inventory, including spare parts.
Supports continuousimprovement in department and DC.
Enters e-mail communicationand date entry for database.
Performs other duties asassigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESNo formal supervisory responsibilities in thisposition. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/ortraining to coworkers.May coordinatework and assign tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Technical school certificate or AA in Electrical/Electronics. 5-7 years experience in Automated systems and controls required. Electrical knowledge of basics components.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
1. Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
2. Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
3. Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
4. Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
1. Electrical and electronic principles
2. Preventative maintenance procedures
3. Knowledge of PLC programs
4. PC competency, Word & Excel, Kindle Platforms and Windows OS
1. Desire to learn about and work with conveyor systems and client specific robots
2. Good mechanical and technical aptitude
3. Curious nature with a desire to learn, repair and troubleshoot material handling equipment (MHE)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
calendar_today6 days ago