Certified Dental Assistant (BB-C51F9)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
This position is one of support to facilitate the operation of the dental school. It will involve chairside assisting, but also sterilization and preparation of instruments and supplies for dental students.
- Assist faculty and students for chairside dental assisting
- Assisting in the dispensary with the disinfection and sterilization of supplies and instruments
- Dispensing of supplies and materials to dental students
- Preparing for and assisting during clinical demonstrations
- Cleaning cubicles, dispensaries, and lab areas
- Performing other related duties as required
Would work in the clinic and the Central Sterilization and Dispensary area.
Work around the sink area, sterilizers and ultrasonic units.
Lighting is good; floor is concrete, some anti-fatigue matting throughout.
Hazards- instrument cassettes are heavy, lifting of cassettes involved, and loading and unloading of trolleys. Very hot temperatures in the sterilizers, proper mitts to be worn when unloading. Disinfection solutions are varied- phenol, glutaraldehyde, isopropyl alcohol- gloves to be worn.
Handling of used instrument cassettes could be hazardous.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Work would be checked by a Dental Assistant III or IV. If an error occurred, possible damage to handpieces, instruments and equipment. If incorrect decisions were made it would impact on the clinic functioning properly the next day. Proper sterilization and disinfection is vital to patient care and student curriculum requirements.
calendar_today4 days ago