PATIENT SAFETY LEADER, QUALITY (BB-CC40E)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Reporting to the Manager of the Quality, Recovery and Patient Experience Department, the Patient Safety Leader is responsible for the day-to-day general operations management within the Patient Safety program as assigned. In conjunction with the Manager, the Leader, Patient Safety is required to:
• Use clinical experience, knowledge and leadership skills to implement and promote best practice patient safety initiatives throughout the organization to mitigate unsafe acts and promote optimal patient safety outcomes through the use of evidence-based patient safety strategies and tools;
• Contribute to the Patient Safety Strategic Plan and implement patient safety initiatives, programs and processes, to facilitate corporate-wide compliance with patient safety-related Statutory, Regulatory, and Accreditation requirements;
• Operationalize the Ontario Shores’ Integrated Safety Model through communication and collaboration with responsible leads for staff safety and environmental safety, as well as internal and external stakeholders while employing evidence-based best patient safety practices.
• Work collaboratively with Professional Practice and the Risk Management Department to foster coordination of practice initiatives with patient safety activities.
• Review all patient and non-patient safety incidents reported through the incident reporting system and identify other subject matter experts needed to support clinical team in response to patient/non-patient incidents (e.g. Health and Safety Specialist, Professional Practice, Risk, Ethicist);
• Share and provide data in a meaningful way to support decision-making by clinical team, managers, directors, other departments and committees/task forces;
• A University degree in a health services discipline;
• Registered Nurse with current Regulatory College registration in good standing;
• Ability to perform the physical demands of the position;
• Proven good attendance record with the capability of maintaining this same standard;
• Travel between sites/locations as required.
• Minimum 5-7 years clinical experience in a healthcare environment;
• Minimum two (2) years working experience in healthcare patient safety, healthcare risk management, quality or professional
• Two (2)-three (3) years’ experience working in a mental health environment;
• Masters degree in Health Science or Health Administration
• Regulated Health Professional and registered in good standing
• Formal training and certification in patient safety, risk management and/or professional practice;
• Formal training in quality improvement;
• Willingness to actively pursue certification in Patient Safety, if not already attained.
• Working knowledge of professional practice standards, statutes and regulations governing the operation of a mental health public hospital and pertaining to patient care delivery and patient safety;
• Working knowledge of patient safety theory and patient safety tools used in a healthcare environment; expertise in root cause analysis, cause and effect analysis, failure mode and effects analysis; occurrence reporting, and disclosure of adverse events and/or unanticipated outcomes as applied to healthcare;
• Knowledge of own regulated health care profession’s theory and practice in mental health;
• Knowledge of adult education principles.
• Well-developed public speaking abilities and exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish positive collaborative working relationships with all staff, clients, families, community agencies and other professionals while employing tact and diplomacy;
• Dynamic, innovative and creative leadership, especially in the development of, and delivery of, education material to adult learners; interpersonal and team building skills to engage staff;
• Proven organizational, problem solving, time management, prioritization, coordination, facilitation, and critical thinking abilities;
• Ability to collate and analyze patient safety data for quality improvement purposes;
• Detail oriented, objective, and demonstrated commitment to just culture;
• Ability to handle challenging and sensitive situations with professionalism, tact, diplomacy, objectivity, and in discreet confidence;
• Highly computer literate, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access);
calendar_today4 days ago