TECHNICAL SERVICES OFFICER (BB-60A62)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Do you possess knowledge of road design, construction and maintenance? Are you a hands- on person who can support the delivery of our unincorporated roads program?
If so, consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Transportation for a highly motivated and results-driven individual to join our team.
What can I expect to do in this role?In this role, you will:
• provide technical and administrative support for minor capital, maintenance, services and municipal projects
• prepare and process tender, and contract documents for various projects
• prepare tender estimates and maintain fiscal control of projects
• perform construction inspection duties
• coordinate the relocation of utilities required for construction projects.
How do I qualify?
Mandatory• The position requires the successful candidate to have a valid G license or equivalent. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that they have a valid driver's license upon being hired.
Technical Knowledge• You have demonstrated knowledge and experience of engineering principles relating to road construction, maintenance practices, standards, policies and procedures.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and policies pertaining to the preparation of tenders, contract administration and contract payment.
• You have knowledge of construction safety methods and practices.
Analytical, Decision-Making and Communication Skills• You have proven analytical, evaluation and decision making skills to assess alternatives and recommend solutions, and the ability to provide direction to field personnel, contractors, utility company representatives and ministry agents.
• You have proven communication and interpersonal skills to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients and other office personnel.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and acts to provide advice.
Technical and Administrative Skills• You have the ability to read and interpret contract documents and plans.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting procedures to maintain records, track budgets and forecast expenditures.
• You have computer skills and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
• You have demonstrated planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
calendar_today1 day ago