Respiratory Therapist (BB-6634F)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Respiratory Therapist performs assigned duties as required by Respiratory Therapists within the Nova Scotia College of Respiratory Therapist’s Scope of Practice and Institutional Policy and Procedure. The Respiratory Therapist is expected to achieve the goals and objectives pertaining to the Cardio-Respiratory Department. This role includes: assessments, implementation of treatment, evaluation, care plan, and education of patients requiring respiratory therapy. The Respiratory Therapist obtains a patient history and assesses the clinical significance of therapist driven protocols as related to respiratory therapy care. The Respiratory Therapist conducts a full respiratory assessment as related to respiratory therapy, and evaluates progress, adapts a treatment plan according to patient needs, and expected outcomes. The Respiratory Therapist implements a respiratory discharge plan.
· Graduate of an accredited School of Respiratory Therapy, and be registered with the Nova Scotia College of Respiratory Therapists required.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certified or willingness to obtain required.
· Current Heart & Stroke BCLS (Level C) Certification required.
· Member in good standing with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapist (CSRT) preferred.
· Successful completion of hospital based certification and recertification procedures are mandatory for continued employment.
· Ability to prioritize, problem solve and work under pressure of time limitations required.
· Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills; must be an effective team player.
· Previous work attendance may be considered.
· Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
· Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Part-Time (50%) Position; 37.5 hours biweekly
Please note: On-call responsibilities are a mandatory requirement.
$27.8115 - $38.1246 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Healthcare bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
calendar_today2 days ago