Senior Software Development Manager (BB-58369)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Reporting to the Director of the Software Development team, S enior Software Development manager 's role will be the following:
Manage development of OSS/BSS products and applications using appropriate resources, processes, methodologies and technologies, in compliance with SITA’s policies, procedures and industry standards.
Lead and coach a team of software developers that maintain, develop and provide operational and technical support
Maintain overall accountability for multiple medium to large scale development projects that have a significant cross-functional business impact ensuring the solution/s developed are able to sustain the long-term goals of the business.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, who can positively challenge all stakeholders to help them converge towards well understood and agreed trade-offs of Functionality, Service level, Cost, Time to market. Candidates with a strong OSS/BSS Technical background, with a solid analytic profile with good-judgement and people management skills will be highly considered
What you will do:
• Drive the development activity of OSS/BSS software applications from concept to launch stage including: software development life cycle, suitability for release to QA, product templates. Ensure application developments are completed on time and within budget.
• Lead, mentor and coach a group of development professionals ensuring they have the skills and knowledge in order to perform their roles
• Participate to the specifications, design, development, and support activities for OSS/BSS applications
• Co-ordinate the allocation and work assignments of resources involved in the development, maintenance and support of applications and systems, in line with approved the company projects and priorities.
• Maintain performance metrics that provide continual improvement in the delivery quality and overall cost effectiveness providing visibility to management on the status of all projects.
• Ensure software development standards are maintained via the governance model, raising any issues to the Director or Project Manager as required.
• Work with 3rd party vendors ensuring the delivery of high standard and robust software development activities.
• Management of the software development budget for: personnel, 3rd party and application development.
• Coordinate activities with other units (e.g., delivery, implementation, on-site operations, second level support, sales support, etc....) in compliance with the SITA service model.
• Approve technical documentation that supports the products as defined in the requirements.
• Ensure all level 1 and 2 risks and issues that affect the project are actioned appropriately. Co-ordinate with other to mitigate risks and issues that pose a significant impact to deliverables, but ultimately responsible for ensuring remedial actions are achieved.
• Establish and co-ordinate on-call roster (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) to provide application support to Operations
• Co-ordinate the tracking and reporting of time and effort spent on projects and activities
• writes employee performance evaluations; recommends the hiring, termination, and promotion of staff;
Who you are:
• 10 to 15 years’ experience in OSS and BSS Software development (Network and Service Management, Performance Monitoring, Provisioning, Order Management & fulfillment, Business Intelligence, Accounting/Billing, Artificial Intelligence)
• 5+ years in people management, preferably with matrix experience in a global environment
• Hand-on experience with C++, Java, Oracle, Web development on Linux
• Experience in leading IT transformations and systems re-engineering
• Knowledge of Telecommunication and Aviation systems solution would be an asset
• University degree or equivalent in Telecommunications or computer science
• Formal Project Management training and/or certification (e.g. PMP) would be an asset
What we offer
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonuses, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world-class learning.
Welcome to SITA
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Are you ready to explore the opportunities?
SITA is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process.
calendar_today1 day ago