Social Worker (Part time) (BB-F60B2)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
- To receive and respond appropriately to inquiries pertaining to Revera Inc. which relate to placement, lifestyle, policies and procedures.
- To conduct tours of the home with applicants, prospective applicants and/or their advocates.
- Responsible for carrying out appropriate pre-admission procedures including:
Screening of applications
Correspondence with applicants to acknowledge receipt of application and to provide information.
Pre-admission visits and assessments
Communication with placement agencies
Other related duties
- To coordinate new admissions and to accompany new Residents and their families/advocates through the admission process.
- To promote and facilitate a Resident-oriented environment, acting as a Resident/family advocate, where indicated.
- To plan, organize and carry out social work programs/services to meet the ongoing psychological needs of the Residents and their families/advocates.
- To function as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in planning overall Resident care and participate in planning and development of programs/services in response to Resident needs.
- To facilitate the development and/or functioning of positive Resident groups acting as an advisor, where indicated.
- To organize and participate in Resident Care Conferences and family conferences as needed.
- Responsible for organizing regular Family Orientation programs for families/advocates of new and prospective Residents.
- Responsible for providing educational and consultative services on social work related issues/topics through participation in staff orientation programs, staff development programs and educational seminars for staff, Residents and families/advocates as required.
- Responsible for documentation and completion of statistical reports related to quality management for use in evaluating departmental performance, identifying current trends in Resident, social and institutional needs and as a basis for setting policy and planning future programs.
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents).
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct.
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be registered under the Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1998.
- Graduate of a recognized school of social work with a Bachelor of Social Work degree.
- Experience in working with Geriatrics.
- Familiarity with the multi-disciplinary team concept, skill in teamwork and ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Ability to initiate and direct own departmental activity.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one. Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.
calendar_today3 days ago