Advisor, Multi-Unit Housing Solutions (Western Canada) (BB-26C79)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
Description:Join the Client Solutions Team, where we collaborate with our partners to solve housing affordability challenges. Your skills and passion providing client satisfaction as well as meeting program and corporate objectives will help support the review and approval of multi-unit construction financing applications under the National Housing Strategy (NHS), multi-unit commercial and government-funded housing programs through the provision of underwriting and credit assessment services to clients. Your technical expertise in Construction Finance, Real Estate Lending, Housing markets and your ability to “think outside the box” will help the team structure deals that are viable and sustainable long term.
This position will be supporting Western Canada Responsibilities: • Provides leadership in the assessment and decision making of financial applications, that is, multi-unit affordable housing loan and contribution applications, within the associated policy framework and delegated financial authorities.
• Supports the delivery of financial solutions related to Multi-Unit Housing and oversees the collaboration with peers from various divisions to provide comprehensive services to clients and achieve business objectives.
• Rally individuals and national teams that interact with each other and clients across multiple time zones. Coordinate work and systems to achieve results and increase program and policy efficiencies.
• Provides expert functional advice and guidance to the regional network of client-facing Multi-Unit Housing teams.
• Oversees direct interactions with proponents and subsequent determination of proposals or the co-operation with lenders/funders in negotiation of deals.
• Negotiates directly with housing providers on complex applications.
• Manages issues of a politically sensitive nature and political pressure taking into consideration the competing interests of stakeholders while finding a solution that is in line with the best interest of Canadians.
• Oversees the identification and management of risk by ensuring due diligence, while reviewing complex applications and advising on deal structure, legal and financial elements, as well as monitoring compliance to product design, policies and the quality of results by reviewing key performance indicators. Minimum Qualifications: • Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration or commerce or a related field.
• A minimum of ten years of experience related to underwriting theories, principles and processes, as well as credit risk analysis, real estate financing, loan adjudication, mortgage loan insurance and financial markets.
• Sound analytical skills with demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize information to develop strategic business plans.
• Ability to make a persuasive, clear presentation of ideas that will convince others and gain acceptance of proposals or plans.
• Ability to use critical thinking, judgment and experience to find a solution when managing issues of a politically sensitive nature. Ability to act promptly to resolve conflict. Ability to think forward to detect potential problems and forthcoming challenges.
calendar_today5 days ago