Cloud Architect (BB-5297A)
Found in: Talent CA
The Cloud Architect will oversee the architecture, design and implementation of all public & private cloud environments supporting Mattel’s mission of going Cloud-First. This person will develop a company's cloud computing strategy. This strategy incorporates cloud adoption plans, cloud application design as well as cloud management and monitoring. The Architect also assists with cloud environments such as the public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid cloud. This position reports directly to the Director of Capacity Planning & Strategy.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Leading cultural change for cloud adoption.
- Developing and coordinating cloud architecture.
- Developing a cloud strategy and coordinating the adaptation process.
- Develop a cost management strategy & oversee its implementation.
- SME for Cloud Compute workloads including architecture and operations of Google Compute, Azure and AWS.
- In conjunction with the design team, defines the overall architecture and migration plan of virtualized environment to the public cloud(s).
- Define and maintain architectural, process and policy standards for all aspects of the cloud computing environments.
- Analyzes the current architecture to identify deficiencies and develops opportunities for cost improvements and lead implementation.
- Analyzes business requirements and develops migration and application workload migration strategy.
- Develop internal and outsourced team members to effectively delivery and support the environment.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 8 to 10+ years of experience working in an enterprise IT environment.
- Google or Microsoft cloud certifications.
- Knowledge and experience with automation technologies such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible as well as cloud management / deployment tools.
- Extensive experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby and C++.
- Knowledge and experience with hybrid service using both cloud native services, IaaS and PaaS environment.
- Knowledge in data storage and security technologies.
- Ability to design and implement cloud infrastructure, platforms and applications.
- Ability to collaborate with developers and enterprise architects on leading changes or introduce new cloud-specific technologies.
- Strong people skills with excellent verbal & written presentation communication.
- Excellent leadership skills on leading implementations of cloud automation, workload placements and cost management.
- Excellent written & oral skills in dealing with cloud vendors and providers.
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment with the ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many tasks at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at and
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
calendar_today2 days ago