Diagnostic Systems Specialist - Medical Imaging (BB-0E254)
Found in: Talent CA
Diagnostic System Specialist - Medical Imaging
Permanent Part Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Diagnostic System Specialists who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Imaging Informatics Specialist performs all related activities for the implementation, integration, and maintenance of all systems related to the organization’s image management and Laboratory middleware systems. This includes managing the integrity of the Imaging and ancillary systems as they relate to Medical Imaging modalities, Neuro-Diagnostics (EEG, EMG), Cardiology, Pathology and Laboratory.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Provide expertise in related workflow, processes, and technologies associated with imaging and laboratory Software Systems in pursuit of a patient-centered record.
• Act as a departmental resource for end users: this includes application and training/support, image database management and network support.
• Provide expertise in the planning, development and implementation along with operation management and troubleshooting of imaging management systems.
• Maintain and manage integration applications. Liaises with ICAT and Decision Support when required.
• Administer clinical applications of imaging, reporting, integration and other ancillary applications; including user accounts, application configurations, updates, and implementation, hanging protocols, and patient information at all times.
• Develop processes to maintain data integrity of images and information security, troubleshooting, and problem follow-up.
What must you have?
Medical Radiation Technology (MRT), Ultrasound (ARDMS), Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT), Clinical Informatics Certification or Imaging Informatics Certification.
Graduate from a recognized health or health system related post-secondary program
What else do you bring?
• Experience with on-call support for system critical applications or servers on a 24x7 basis.
• Strong aptitude and desire to learn multiple EMR programs and software platforms.
• Ability to multitask several client issues in an efficient manner.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a medical imaging environment such as a PACS environment or experience managing laboratory middlewares.
• Experience in PACS, and Electronic Medical RIS/LIS, or able to become a subject matter expert in electronic medical record workflow and management.
• Working knowledge of MIS guidelines.
• Experience as a PACS Administrator preferred.
• Clinical Informatics Certification preferred.
• Experience with report writing analysis, project management and data mining preferred.
• Server Systems Administration is an asset.
• HL7 Interface experience or knowledge is an asset.
• PC desktop troubleshooting experience is an asset.
*May be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
calendar_today3 days ago