Community Mental Health Worker (Night Premium) (BB-3DE57)
Found in: Talent CA
Under the direction of the Program Manager the Community Mental Health Worker is responsible for the day to day running of the support and advocacy services, social, recreational, volunteer and food programs as well as the ensuring safety and welfare of participants in program by use of the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation practices and in line with the mission, objectives and policies of Coast Mental Health. Job Qualifications
Knowledge and Abilities
• Knowledge of housing issues local and community resources
• Firm understanding of harm reduction approach and its implementation in a community based setting.
• Demonstrated ability in crisis de-escalation skills applied in a team setting
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals who are marginalized, under served and who may be at risk of homelessness or homeless.
• Demonstrated ability working with individuals living with substance misuse issues and or an untreated mental illness.
• Understanding of a trauma informed approach
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation practices
• Knowledge of program policy and procedures
• Knowledge and proficiency in relevant software
• Ability to work with clients living with mental illness
• A good understanding of the issues related to meeting basic needs of food, clothing, shelter.
• Ability to work effectively independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups.
• Some knowledge of the criminal justice system
• We believe in the person, not the disease
• We operate client-centered care under the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
• There is a variety of work within a particular position and within the organization
• We strive to be the best that we can be
• We hold Exemplary Status accreditation through Accreditation Canada
• We have won numerous awards for our innovative programming
• We care about our employees, and believe in living our values and culture throughout the organization
calendar_today8 hours ago