HVAC Journeyperson (BB-AB36E)
Found in: Talent CA
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
This is a project position on a 7on / 7 off Rotation – Compressed Work Schedule
Flight, Camp and/ or Bussing available
Flight Hubs: Edmonton or Calgary
· Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand
· Critical-thinker, problem-solver
· Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule
· Perform consultations with customers
· Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods
· Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems
· Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety
· Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity
· Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
· Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues
· Repair damaged HVAC systems
· Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources
· Must be able to work outside under adverse conditions
· Must be comfortable with working at heights
· Must be able to maintain high level of safe work practices at all times
Education & Experience:
· Journeyman Refrigeration Trade Certification
· Must hold HVAC technician license
· B Gas Ticket or A Ticket an asset
· College Diploma/Certification preferred
· Minimum of 3 - 5 years experience required as a ticketed journeyman
· Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required
· 3+ years experience within an Industrial or Commercial Construction Projects
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
· Valid CSTS, OSSA (Oil Sands Safety Association) orientation if obtained prior to December 31st 2018. otherwise Valid CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
· Valid H2S Alive
· Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word and Outlook.
· Previous oil sands site experience will be considered an asset
· good problem-solving skills,
· Ability to interact with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
· Applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
· Ability to pay attention to detail.
· Good written and oral communication skills. All applicants must have ability to Read, Speak and write fluently in English.
The Bouchier Group is pleased to offer competitive wages, a Health and Dental Benefit Package as well as a group Registered Pension Plan.
calendar_today5 days ago